Famebit
  1. Join the largest paid sponsorship network. No contracts, no gimmicks, get paid quick. New sponsorships are added daily. Join at famebit.com

Dismiss Notice

Widescreen or Vertical?

Discussion in 'Video Production' started by ApexTV, Feb 10, 2015.

1. Mirandapanda
    Posting Mad!
    Cash:
    $15
    I 1000x agree. :banghead: I don't get why this became a thing. The only time it should ever be vertical is if it's a snapchat compilation or something, because the silly app only goes one way.

2. resvrgm
    Crazy Internet Stalker Chick
    Cash:
    $45
    Yes I simply agree! The trend seems to became more popular to take videos vertically, because of snapchat. I find it really annoying. :furious:

3. Tv Head Greg
    Liking YTtalk
    Cash:
    $13
    I don't know. Vertical seems to be a decent option for those who want to watch a video in the same way that they hold their phone. I don't agree with it though. I prefer to record in widescreen. I just like it better than vertical recording.

4. AM2PM
    Loving YTtalk
    Cash:
    $34
    It drives me nuts! I always film landscape. I got a friend to film a few shots for a few of our videos making fire and golf, and he held it vertical and I was so angry. I was editing the golf video and there was a crucial putt that I made to force a playoff with my bro, and my friend recorded it from off the green and vertically. I wanted to zoom in, but since he also uselessly filmed it in slomo it was only 720 , so when I tried to zoom in it was pixelated beyond recognition. If you want something done right, explain it right, or do it your self. I with there was an option on phones to always film in landscape even when holding it vertical. I'd NEVER shoot that way.

Mirandapanda likes this.
  5. CavemanApocalypse
    Cash:
    $1
    Oh no! Recording vertical is so bad to me! I hate it so much.
    Definitely recording widescreen is the way to go

6. iGM
    iGM
    That Scottish Guy
    Cash:
    $6
    This is a very good tip and a tip that is somewhat overlooked by a lot of people. I for one was one of those people until I began to gain an understanding into resolutions and how it all works when rendering. However I never did think of it from the biological point of view; that our eyes are more attuned to horizontal than vertical viewing.
    Made me think :)

7. Rafij Rahman Rohan
    Be Yourself
    Cash:
    $11
    I prefer widescreen....specially if you make videos on mobile devices :)

8. Jeeves
    The best way to predict the future is to CREATE it
    Cash:
    $1
    This is so true. It's 2016 and people are still doing this, like cmon! xD But seriously, nice post haha

9. joannavlogs
    I've Got It
    Cash:
    $0
    Definitely widescreen!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Hendrik Kapp
    Loving YTtalk
    Cash:
    $51
    I never shoot vertical videos, always go widescreen, there are a number of ways you can stabilize shaky footage. :)