Widescreen or Vertical?

I 1000x agree. :banghead: I don't get why this became a thing. The only time it should ever be vertical is if it's a snapchat compilation or something, because the silly app only goes one way.

I 1000x agree. :banghead: I don't get why this became a thing. The only time it should ever be vertical is if it's a snapchat compilation or something, because the silly app only goes one way.

Yes I simply agree! The trend seems to became more popular to take videos vertically, because of snapchat. I find it really annoying. :furious:

I don't know. Vertical seems to be a decent option for those who want to watch a video in the same way that they hold their phone. I don't agree with it though. I prefer to record in widescreen. I just like it better than vertical recording.

It drives me nuts! I always film landscape. I got a friend to film a few shots for a few of our videos making fire and golf, and he held it vertical and I was so angry. I was editing the golf video and there was a crucial putt that I made to force a playoff with my bro, and my friend recorded it from off the green and vertically. I wanted to zoom in, but since he also uselessly filmed it in slomo it was only 720 , so when I tried to zoom in it was pixelated beyond recognition. If you want something done right, explain it right, or do it your self. I with there was an option on phones to always film in landscape even when holding it vertical. I'd NEVER shoot that way.

This is a very good tip and a tip that is somewhat overlooked by a lot of people. I for one was one of those people until I began to gain an understanding into resolutions and how it all works when rendering. However I never did think of it from the biological point of view; that our eyes are more attuned to horizontal than vertical viewing.
Made me think :)

This is so true. It's 2016 and people are still doing this, like cmon! xD But seriously, nice post haha

Back