Wide Range Content?

MadySan

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Other
Hello! I created my channel for nail art videos but now I started uploading beauty related, lifestyle, comedy videos plus sometimes I post daily vlogs.
Is my content range too wide for people to subscribe because they might not know what to expect frim me?
Should I limit my channel to only one topic when I love all of them?

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I think you could do a schedule, that you post beauty related on one day, comedy vids on an other day, and vlogs on another day!

Munchito696

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Hello! I created my channel for nail art videos but now I started uploading beauty related, lifestyle, comedy videos plus sometimes I post daily vlogs.
Is my content range too wide for people to subscribe because they might not know what to expect frim me?
Should I limit my channel to only one topic when I love all of them?
I upload a bunch of different stuff and it does not help with subscribers. I'm not huge into sub count though so I'm fine with it. If you are trying to get subs, then you should have some sort of theme to make people want more

Reactions: MadySan

Chris Raynerson

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
I don't think it's too wide as long as the main focus, the main product of the channel, is you. If the brand of the channel is you, it's not wide ranging at all. But keep a schedule and stick to it. Don't create more of one content than another because since you spread out, there will be some people who subscribed who ONLY watch your vlogs/comedy videos/etc. So stick to a schedule and even all of your videos out.

amateurgamer

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
As long as you keep a schedule and could make good quality videos for all the topics, you should be fine. Doing variety of topics could bite you back if you quality suffers due to too many different topics and not enough research.

Pixel & Bracket

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
Honestly that doesn't sound as wide range as you might think. I believe there's definitely a market for all of your content, and there will be people that appreciate the variety.

Now if you were uploading nail videos, GTA playthroughs, original synth music, motivational speeches, live streams of your ant farm, and automotive how-tos... well, you get the idea!

MadySan

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Other
I think you could do a schedule, that you post beauty related on one day, comedy vids on an other day, and vlogs on another day!
that is a great piece of advice! Thank you! I'll keep that in mind[DOUBLEPOST=1484163269,1484163182][/DOUBLEPOST]
As long as you keep a schedule and could make good quality videos for all the topics, you should be fine. Doing variety of topics could bite you back if you quality suffers due to too many different topics and not enough research.
I'll try to make a monthly schedule for everything then Thanks :)

Johnny Dee

I've Got It
Reaction score
I think a variety of subjects on 1 channel could help by bringing in varies interests who may find other stuff they like

jd_techsetupgear

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Most of those subjects can be closely related, you don't always have to do a schedule if it's too difficult to maintain one but you can also separate them into playlists to help as well. Although some people might only subscribe and view for specific videos that you make, but that can happen to anyone. The wider range of content the more change you'll see in views, but yours is pretty closely related to each other.