Why you should never show your face on youtube.

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
people show their face on everything else, so why is youtube different?

OrbitGuy

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Personally I think it can build a more personal relationship with your most loyal subscribers and could be useful if you are trying to become a known personality. It's not required but I think it could help. I've only shown my face in one video but I plan to show it in more soon. The top comment on that video was "you look different than I was expecting" hahaha but I thought it was funny personally. I mean just go with the flow if and when you feel comfortable I think it could be a good thing but otherwise yeah you can still grow a good channel without needing to show your face.

If you're doing controversial videos then people might take the opportunity to attack your looks but otherwise I kind of doubt it unless your subs normally make mean comments it's probably just trolls.

TimberwolfMKIII

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
In the grand scheme of things, who cares with what the internet trolls or haters say. They are just getting a false power trip thinking that what they say will ruin your day or spirit. If you don't let them get to you, they do not have any power. Just shrug it off, laugh at the creativity or outright delete those comments. You do have that option as the channel creator. I know some folks take things to heart more than I do, which just delete those comments, who cares what they say. They don't know you and have no right to speak about you.

I have shown my face since my first video because I want people to know that stuff I make I am enjoying myself. I am having fun and I want them to have fun too.

It might have helped that I was a cook back in college. I grew a tough skin cause cooks are brutal to each other. :)

Ernie Jo

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think it's important to be confident in who you are, and understand now matter what you do people with have issues with it. No matter how many awesome movies they make Brad Pitt and Matt Damon and Jennifer Lawrence and every other star still have haters. It's a fact of life and hiding your face won't stop that.

But bullying is real and people should make sure they don't take it personally or find their value in the opinions of others.

That being said, I've made almost 200 videos over the past 3 years and while they don't necessarily get many views (I've got like 50,000 total) I still haven't had any problems with negative comments. And I know it's not just because I'm awesome or anything :p

AprilGranelli

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Yoh!
I think it's one of those things where if you embrace your flaws then you have nothing to worry about.
The amount of thumb nails I have of me pulling a really ugly face is ridiculous! However! It's usually those videos that get more views as aposed to the ones where I'm actually looking hot haha!
Don't be worried about people judging you because at the end of the day if you're happy with who you are then what does it matter what other people say?
Peace! :cheerbeer:

Freddie Hill

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Just keep doing what you love, the only reason they'd do that is because they don't have what you've got ! They are unsuccessful so probably want to bring people down to their level ! But at the end of the day as most people have said, just do what makes you happy !

Idec Sdawkminn

Horror Versions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
The only thing I regret about my type of channel is that I never get a chance to show my face. Yeah, I could make a video of me talking, but I haven't had a good reason to yet. I just wish I could know who I see in real life has seen my videos.

UnboxingSve

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I started my channel with intentions not to show my face! But eventually, I felt more people will connect when they know the face of the person who is behind the channel. So from time to time, I make videos where I show my face. Until now I never had any bad comment, but of course, there will be nasty people to find something, nobody is perfect :) I think it will not affect me that much because my channel is not about me, it is about tech things I do reviews.

YAOG

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
The only thing I regret about my type of channel is that I never get a chance to show my face
Do a face reveal but run those effects over it so it's a horror version of you with a creepy horror voice.[DOUBLEPOST=1493767752,1493767258][/DOUBLEPOST]
People love my face.
Well of course they do...you're an actor. Some of us have a face for radio, if you catch my drift (do people still say "catch my drift?"). My videos look okay despite the fact that I put my face on my channel lol.

Bgirl Sonia

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I quite disagree....

I personally do hair tutorials so first, I have often no choice but showing my face and second when I watch videos, it's a plus if I see the face who talks.

Before owning a channel, I reflected on if I will be able to bear the critics, the insults and trolls.
I took the risk and for the moment, I am satisfied with my community. Plus I have chosed to moderate the comments so when someone post, I have to accept the comment on my channel. I did that so my channel stays a clean and happy place

I understand that it will be hard when I will have mean comments but I got prepared to it before I decided to expose myself ^^

Reactions: Merlina Rodas