Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoursharkfriend

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer
Dang man, I would love to get 5 subs a day...
Maybe you answer all the questions in that someone might have in your video or try to show personality more so people are subbing to a person and would want to talk to you instead of subbing to just to a channel (if that makes sense). Make sure you do respond to any comments you do have though.
I would try not to focus on the comments and interaction, cause maybe for you and your content, stuff like that happens later. You already seem to do doing quite well.

Michael John Burgess

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Dang man, I would love to get 5 subs a day...
Maybe you answer all the questions in that someone might have in your video or try to show personality more so people are subbing to a person and would want to talk to you instead of subbing to just to a channel (if that makes sense). Make sure you do respond to any comments you do have, though.
I would try not to focus on the comments and interaction, cause maybe for you and your content, stuff like that happens later. You already seem to do doing quite well.
Thank you, are right... but with Youtube's new algorithm it matters to get people to view but I do see your point

JesusGreen

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
You have more subscribers than you have video views.

That means people who aren't even watching your videos are subscribing.

Are you doing sub4sub? If you are, you should stop at once as this'll negatively impact your channel. YouTube cares about viewer engagement. If the only people subscribing to your channel never watch your videos, or watch two seconds then click off, this is just negatively impacting your channel rankings, and will make you less likely to appear in search/related videos etc. So those extra subs will actually have a negative impact if they aren't genuinely watching your content.

When you do sub4sub, people click subscribe, then never view your channel again, so you're just getting dead subscribers that don't help you in any way (and in fact have a negative impact like I mentioned above)

...Yep I just looked at the discussion page on your channel, and seems like you're doing sub4sub.

That'll be why you have no views/likes then. Just search these forums about sub4sub and you'll find tons of threads explaining why it's a TERRIBLE idea that'll have a negative impact on your channel.

To put it another way:

If you have 15,000 subscribers, and only 100 of them are real subscribers, the rest come from sub4sub.. and another guy has 150 subscribers total, but they're all real subscribers. He has the bigger channel, because he has 50 more real subs than you. His videos will rank better than yours etc, and he'll grow faster.

Your sub count might keep increasing, but your views won't if you keep it up. Quit the sub4sub now and get to attracting real subscribers and the views/likes/comments will come naturally :)

Edit: Search for "Why YouTube Sub4Sub is BAD" on YouTube and watch the explanation by Roberto Blake. He explains it better than me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Switchbox

Michael John Burgess

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
You have more subscribers than you have video views.

That means people who aren't even watching your videos are subscribing.

Are you doing sub4sub? If you are, you should stop at once as this'll negatively impact your channel. YouTube cares about viewer engagement. If the only people subscribing to your channel never watch your videos, or watch two seconds then click off, this is just negatively impacting your channel rankings, and will make you less likely to appear in search/related videos etc. So those extra subs will actually have a negative impact if they aren't genuinely watching your content.

When you do sub4sub, people click subscribe, then never view your channel again, so you're just getting dead subscribers that don't help you in any way (and in fact have a negative impact like I mentioned above)

...Yep I just looked at the discussion page on your channel, and seems like you're doing sub4sub.

That'll be why you have no views/likes then. Just search these forums about sub4sub and you'll find tons of threads explaining why it's a TERRIBLE idea that'll have a negative impact on your channel.

To put it another way:

If you have 15,000 subscribers, and only 100 of them are real subscribers, the rest come from sub4sub.. and another guy has 150 subscribers total, but they're all real subscribers. He has the bigger channel, because he has 50 more real subs than you. His videos will rank better than yours etc, and he'll grow faster.

Your sub count might keep increasing, but your views won't if you keep it up. Quit the sub4sub now and get to attracting real subscribers and the views/likes/comments will come naturally :)

Edit: Search for "Why YouTube Sub4Sub is BAD" on YouTube and watch the explanation by Roberto Blake. He explains it better than me.
thats my problem I am not doing sub for sub at all they are subscribing on there own

JesusGreen

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
thats my problem I am not doing sub for sub at all they are subscribing on there own
In that case you need to look at your analytics and see where those subscribers are coming from. Somewhere people are subscribing to you without actually checking out your channel or videos.

Perhaps you've told people on your Facebook or something to go subscribe?

Michael John Burgess

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
In that case you need to look at your analytics and see where those subscribers are coming from. Somewhere people are subscribing to you without actually checking out your channel or videos.

Perhaps you've told people on your Facebook or something to go subscribe?
I did and they did but I have noticed that some of them are not coming from my social medias they are finding me on youtube and subscribing, and I have already looked at the analytics and that what it said most are finding me through suggestions on youtube or through the search.

Cameron Arnold

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer, Other
My advice for you is to not worry about your subscriber count and just do what u love somw youtubers don't even get 100 subs some even got it a year later but if u keep on doing alot of work on your videos and upload daily then your get more subs eventually hope my advice helps you

Everything Supreme

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If it is the views that are the problem don't worry about it. You may have the sub number but don't focus on that focus on your content and how engaging you are to the audience that is what will get the views because it gets people to recommend the video not only the channel and they will come back for more. Good luck with the channel don't let this get to you.

GucciCarry

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
+5 subs a day isn't bad. Thats actually pretty decent for smaller channels.

Status
Not open for further replies.