Why Shouldn't I Respond to Haters?

aparsons

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Animator
Don't let them get to you. Don't reply. You can message them to stop, give three strikes, and if they keep dropping hate on a bunch of your videos, then block them if they keep becoming a problem.

The nice thing about loyal fans, is that they'll rip apart the haters for you XD.
Although in the beginning, when you don't have many subscribers, this can be a tough pickle to swallow as your it will affect your view and like count.

unknown_user00005

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Just do the same thing you would do in "real life" situations.
Ignore it and move on.

You could go through the whole trouble of "teaching them a lesson" if you have the resources, I don't really recommend it though.

Reactions: ShadowKingpin

Peyton

Reaction score
You gotta ignore them, or they will do it to every video you created

MiketheDbacker26

Let's Player
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I didn't read all the posts in this topic, but I agree. It's also disrespectful to the subs that are supporting you. They should be getting your attention, not the people bashing you. Ignore the hates, focus on the people that are saying good things. That's what irks me about some bigger YouTubers (most notably SSoHPKC) is that some people put too much attention into the people that say bad things, and never mention the people that support them.

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I maintain a family friendly channel. No cussing, be respectful at all times. If somebody pops in, I check them out to see how they behave on other channels. If I feel that they can be a positive part of my community, I will send then a PM to let them know my policies. If they are obviously trolls, I do not engage them. You can not win. Block and move on. I have over 800 users blocked. I don't have time to babysit people who can't behave.

Th3StuffShow

YTtalk Monster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Great post and fully agree, Not worth wasting energy over haters. Haters gonna hate.

Root Beer

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator
Unless they have helpful negative feedback, I block them.