Why Shouldn't I Respond to Haters?

XardicPenguin

A Flightless Bird. What Do You Want To Know?
This is a question a lot of people ask and fear generally about YouTube. Haters. There are always a fair share of haters when it comes to whatever type of videos you are doing.

This is some strategies and advice I have found useful when it comes to haters.

Usually what it means when you get a hateful comment is that there are 2 kids out there sitting at a computer screen trying to make each other laugh. If you look into a person's history that leaves bad comments on your videos, usually they have a long history of hating on other videos too. It's NOT the end of the world if you get a hater.

I know it sounds familiar, but the best thing you can do is ignore them. All they want is your attention and if you give them that attention they will just keep coming back for more. this will earn you A LOT of respect once you get actual fans and they will all appreciate this.

Which leads me to my next topic. No fan wants to play second-hand to a hater. If the haters are the only ones getting noticed than those are the only ones who are going to stay? Makes since doesn't it?

These are a few quick tips on haters. Hope you enjoy :)

Here here! I Agree. Usually people who leave hate comments are sad lonely people who hate themselves, or obnoxious kids who like screwing with others. Vihart made a very awesome video about commenters, called "Vi Hart's Guide to Comments" and it pretty much sums everything up ver nicely in an artsy kind of way.
Theres an old wise saying that I think more people should adopt.... Don't feed the trolls... or they will grow larger and multiply....like rabbits....

I have a problem with keeping myself quiet around haters lol. I feel like I need to go off on them, but I know if I do it will just cause more drama and stuff.
It's hard for me not to reply to haters lol. But luckily, I've only had one so far.

I have a problem with keeping myself quiet around haters lol. I feel like I need to go off on them, but I know if I do it will just cause more drama and stuff.
It's hard for me not to reply to haters lol. But luckily, I've only had one so far.
I've watched some of your content, it's really good! Can't believe you would pick up a hater.

Thanks! :D I checked out your channel and I really liked the apple vs google thing. The ending was awesome xD
I subbed btw :)

Yea, I checked out your content yesterday. It's really good :) But responding to haters only gives them an excuse to come back. Simple logistics :) I saw that 50th subscriber video. Awesome stuff :)

Thanks! :D I checked out your channel and I really liked the apple vs google thing. The ending was awesome xD
I subbed btw :)
Thanks! We weren't sure if people were going to get the joke or not! Glad to see one person did!

Back