Why my YouTube video can't be watched in Europe?

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi, I posted my new video using Taylor Swift's new "Look What You Made Me Do" song yesterday and none of my friends in Europe can watch it. Here in US everything works normal but not overseas. Any advise. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I just checked the Music Policies for Taylor Swift and I don't see that song listed. It seems to me that you risk getting a strike. Europe apparently just decided to block your video rather than giving a strike.

Visit Video Manager and look for the following section

03.jpg

Reactions: KatyAdelson

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I've moved this to the copyright discussion forum.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I just checked the Music Policies for Taylor Swift and I don't see that song listed. It seems to me that you risk getting a strike. Europe apparently just decided to block your video rather than giving a strike.

Visit Video Manager and look for the following section

View attachment 41100
After I posted the video last night this morning I received an e-mail from YouTube saying this song is eligible for revenue sharing. See e-mail below.

"Hi MsKarolinaShow,

Copyrighted music was found in your video. Don't worry--you can still make money from it, but some of the revenue will be shared with the copyright owner.

Video title: Taylor Swift (Look What You Made Me Do) - MsKarolinaShow Parody
Copyrighted content: Look What You Made Me Do
Claimed by: UMG"

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
That would likely only apply in the USA. I doubt that they are going to give you a list of what countries are going to allow you to use the song and which ones won't. I'm glad that at least your video didn't get removed or at worst, you get a copyright strike.

In the future, It's a good idea to check with YouTube first to make sure which songs you can use.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I
That would likely only apply in the USA. I doubt that they are going to give you a list of what countries are going to allow you to use the song and which ones won't. I'm glad that at least your video didn't get removed or at worst, you get a copyright strike.

In the future, It's a good idea to check with YouTube first to make sure which songs you can use.
I see. Thanks for clarification.

Reactions: markkaz