Why is there a black border on my videos?

Merlina Rodas

I've Got It
Reaction score
Hey guys,

So last video I uploaded had a black border on the sides and I figured it was because i had stretched it out so this time I didn't, but there is still a black border on the side AND a white border on the top and bottom! How can I get rid of these borders? Can i do it once a video has already been uploaded?

Markmorbidity

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Just gave it a quick look...looks like it's a render issue... well not an issue mor elike the settings... do you usually just render and upload or do you mess with the settings or have a set preference you go back to when rendering? I sually have to look thru mine and edit them so they are full screen in YT while still maintaining quality.

I use sony vegas to edit my stuff.

Merlina Rodas

I've Got It
Reaction score
What did you use to edit it?
I use Camtasia for editing[DOUBLEPOST=1490939613,1490939545][/DOUBLEPOST]
Just gave it a quick look...looks like it's a render issue... well not an issue mor elike the settings... do you usually just render and upload or do you mess with the settings or have a set preference you go back to when rendering? I sually have to look thru mine and edit them so they are full screen in YT while still maintaining quality.

I use sony vegas to edit my stuff.
I usually just go ahead and upload, never tried messing with the setting because I wouldn't really know where to start

Reaction score
Yes you can do it on YouTube without haveing to take down video by Putting this yt:stretch=16:9 in Tages[DOUBLEPOST=1490942261,1490940863][/DOUBLEPOST]Did it work ...

Merlina Rodas

I've Got It
Reaction score
Yes you can do it on YouTube without haveing to take down video by Putting this yt:stretch=16:9 in Tages[DOUBLEPOST=1490942261,1490940863][/DOUBLEPOST]Did it work ...
Tried this but it doesn't seem to have worked.. I'll give it some time to update itself and check again later
Is it supposed to work right away?