Why is the majority of my viewers from the same state I live in?

Reaction score
I have 2000 lifetime views (I only started getting serious last month) and I noticed 500 of those are from the same state I live in. I don't tell my friends about my channel and surely not 500 people know about me from another person, so why does this happen?

Reactions: Realm Unknown

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
That happened to me when I first started making videos. I never found out the answer to that, but I knew it wasn’t from people I knew because only two people that I use to hangout with knew about my channel.

Realm Unknown

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Other
Do you watch your own videos at all? Also youtube does favor uploads within areas, so say you upload in Britain, it will pop up more around there. You upload in Japan frequently, you'll pop up there more frequently. Maybe along those lines. Cause somewhat in the same group, within the USA, PA breaks down to be my third biggest viewership, only beaten out by Texas and California. But those two have way bigger populations as well...

Reaction score
Is NJ pretty high up when it comes to views? Also I do watch my videos but not 500 times

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
That happened to me when I first started making videos. I never found out the answer to that, but I knew it wasn’t from people I knew because only two people that I use to hangout with knew about my channel.
That’s good to know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BrettMikaluk

Uniquely Awesome Since 1997
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
Google and YouTube promote local content to locals who are searching in your area.

Its the same reason that when you Google "restaurants" that the first results are places that are local to you. It's not a guarantee that it will happen to everyone, but typically people are being fed content that they are likely going to connect with

Reactions: marshall_the_fifty