Why is my channel still small?

Here's my plan on lengths of videos:
Skyrim - 20 minutes or less
Amnesia Custom Stories (after done with current one) - 15 minutes or less
Indie games - less than 15 min.
Others - 20 to less

Is this a good idea or should I stay where I'm at? I feel like testing this out and see how far it goes.

Sounds like a good plan to me. You wont know what works until you test it. No matter how many people tell you something will work, you wont know until you try for your self :)

I just started wondering why is my channel still small after 6 months of hard work? Is it cause of my quality, my quantity, my attitude, or "no one really cares about small channels" type of thing? Also, any advice would be nice? Thanks if you reply.

You need to get a "funnel" video. I don't know what the correct term is but, what you need to do is capitalize off of the release of new highly anticipated games, and then be the first to make tutorial/how-to/tip videos, showing how to do stuff that everyone that gets that game is going to want to know right from the start.

IE. - I made a video within the first few hours that GTA V was released, showing where the airport was, and how to fly a jumbo jet, because I wanted to know where the airport was myself, as the map was blurred out until you had actually discovered that part of the map by driving through it, and I knew so many other people would want to know the same thing.

I do not really consider it one of my better videos, but it my most viewed video, and has gotten me hundreds, if not thousands of subscribers.

It currently has almost 550,000 views.

That video introduced people to my channel, and then other content of mine began to get more views as-well.

edit: Also, tags are really important. Had I not tagged the video correctly, I probably wouldn't have gotten nearly that many views. What I try to do, is think up pretty much every way that someone could search "gta v how to get to the airport". I also add a lot of tags to my description, although I'm unsure of whether that makes a difference.

But yea, tagging it correctly got me as the number 1 search result on youtube for "gta v airport", and pretty much any other variation of those words that you can think of.

Last edited:
You need to get a "funnel" video. I don't know what the correct term is but, what you need to do is capitalize off of the release of new highly anticipated games, and then be the first to make tutorial/how-to/tip videos, showing how to do stuff that everyone that gets that game is going to want to know right from the start.

IE. - I made a video within the first few hours that GTA V was released, showing where the airport was, and how to fly a jumbo jet, because I wanted to know where the airport was myself, as the map was blurred out until you had actually discovered that part of the map by driving through it, and I knew so many other people would want to know the same thing.

I do not really consider it one of my better videos, but it my most viewed video, and has gotten me hundreds, if not thousands of subscribers.

That video introduced people to my channel, and then other content of mine began to get more views as-well.

I agree with this totally. I'm still trying to find my funnel video that will really take off my channel.

edit: Also, tags are really important. Had I not tagged the video correctly, I probably wouldn't have gotten nearly that many views. What I try to do, is think up pretty much every way that someone could search "gta v how to get to the airport". I also add a lot of tags to my description, although I'm unsure of whether that makes a difference.

But yea, tagging it correctly got me as the number 1 search result on youtube for "gta v airport", and pretty much any other variation of those words that you can think of.

That's cool that you have a video on top search. I wish I could get there but currently I don't own any games or have anything special that could be a funnel video yet. So I probably keep in mind about your advice. TAGS & INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEOS ON NEW RELEASES - Noted

I just started wondering why is my channel still small after 6 months of hard work? Is it cause of my quality, my quantity, my attitude, or "no one really cares about small channels" type of thing? Also, any advice would be nice? Thanks if you reply.
i also wonder it but there is not secret you gotta get lucky networking and doing partnerhips is very impotant but so is your content

i also wonder it but there is not secret you gotta get lucky networking and doing partnerhips is very impotant but so is your content

Just always keep in mind that if you are trying to appeal to a wide audience so that you get lots of views and subscribers, a simple gameplay commentary isn't going to be found by many people on youtube. Sooooo many people post basic COD commentaries for example, so the little channel with generic cod commentaries will never be found. The key is making videos that will appeal to basically every call of duty player, with content that gives them a reason to watch it because it differs from everyone else. Try making some tips and tricks video, patch note videos the day that a patch is released, and other stuff of that nature. Also, take the time to add extra tags to your description and tag your video with every possible term that you could think of that other people would search on youtube when looking for information about the topic of your video.

People need to know that not everyone is gonna have a big youtube channel... It has nothing to do with luck , its making awesome videos doing a bit social media and if you have a really good channel people will subscribe. So if you dont gain subscribers youtube isnt the way to go for you...

Hey there, nothing wrong with small, its more about loving what you do. I've taken a peek at your channel and my small advice would be to have the overall look more uniform, having maybe a more simple banner and keeping the text in your thumbnails in the same place, maybe the same colors repeated throughout the channel as well (avatar, channel banner, thumbnail text). I also think a banner that is personally made by you (drawn name or typed) has more impact visually than bits of popular characters. Also don't worry about the numbers coming to your channel, I've heard from many large channels that it was a slow burn for them or took years. And after all the more you post the better you'll be at it so just keep going. I hope this helps! Cheers,
Jen

Back