Why is my channel not growing?

The Black Mastadonte

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Hey guys. So I noticed that my channel growth is abysmal at best. I maybe get 1 subscriber a week and this is from me posting one or two videos a week. I wanted to know if I could get a quick channel review to see why my channel growth is so terrible. What am I doing? What am I not doing? If you were a regular viewer and followed my niche, why would you not subscribe.

Here is my channel: http://youtube.com/c/TheBlackMastadonte

Thank you in advance for the feedback guys!

Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
Hey, man. I just had a real quick thought while looking at your channel. I'll get back to you in more detail later. The custom thumbnails feel a little bit busy. Try to simplify. Your last few are better. Readable, big typography and simple, uncluttered imagery. Keep moving in that direction and I think it will help! The pacing on your channel trailer could be picked up as well. The dramatic tone is great, but it needs to be significantly faster and punchier. You could probably use some sound effects to go along with the titles and animations as well!

Like I said, just a quick thought. I'll try to give your channel a more thorough look and give you more feedback again soon!

The Black Mastadonte

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Hey, man. I just had a real quick thought while looking at your channel. I'll get back to you in more detail later. The custom thumbnails feel a little bit busy. Try to simplify. Your last few are better. Readable, big typography and simple, uncluttered imagery. Keep moving in that direction and I think it will help! The pacing on your channel trailer could be picked up as well. The dramatic tone is great, but it needs to be significantly faster and punchier. You could probably use some sound effects to go along with the titles and animations as well!

Like I said, just a quick thought. I'll try to give your channel a more thorough look and give you more feedback again soon!
Thanks a bunch, man. What you said was short but extremely helpful. I'll definitely do that.

Swecam

Reaction score
Well, I liked your video so I am going to subscribe.

Last edited by a moderator:

newage

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I think your thumbnails look good, I wouldn't change them.

Do you share your videos anywhere?

KidsCorner

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Watched one minute of your suicide squad one, you told me yourself to move on if I didn't want spoilers so sorry for killing your retention! Maybe good to do a review first to keep people warching before you go into spoilers in the end. If I watched the movie, I would probably not watch the video. If I didn't watch it and I'm looking for a review, I wouldn't want spoilers :)

Anyways, liked the editing, background could be a lot more attractive and less busy. Thumbnail was not bad but not great either. When I entered your channel I couldn't figure out immediatly what it's about. Maybe you have a too wide list if topics you cover?

Anyways, good luck with the channel!

The Black Mastadonte

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I think your thumbnails look good, I wouldn't change them.

Do you share your videos anywhere?
You. On facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. I am thinking of making a Facebook page for my channel[DOUBLEPOST=1471663792,1471663413][/DOUBLEPOST]
Watched one minute of your suicide squad one, you told me yourself to move on if I didn't want spoilers so sorry for killing your retention! Maybe good to do a review first to keep people warching before you go into spoilers in the end. If I watched the movie, I would probably not watch the video. If I didn't watch it and I'm looking for a review, I wouldn't want spoilers :)

Anyways, liked the editing, background could be a lot more attractive and less busy. Thumbnail was not bad but not great either. When I entered your channel I couldn't figure out immediatly what it's about. Maybe you have a too wide list if topics you cover?

Anyways, good luck with the channel!
Thanks for the feedback, bud. I don't think it's that I have a large list to cover, I just think my channel is a little bit too unorganized. I feel like it would be better if I put something like "Gaming | Hip-Hop | Comedy " on my channel banner then things would make more sense