Why is my banner getting cropped?

CharType

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I made a banner for my channel in 2560 x 1440 pixels like Youtube recommends, but when I went to upload it, it got cropped and I couldn't find any setting that would allow me to upload in uncropped. The image I uploaded is attached. Is there a way to make a channel banner so that I can upload it as is without needing to crop it? Thanks.

Attachments

Varlais Alata

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
The actual banner area is 1546 x 423 px centered on the image. It's supposed to be the part in the middle. Though yours is cropped to be smaller than that, I've seen this happen with a few channels recently, I'm not sure why, have you notified YouTube of the issue? Perhaps it's a glitch, or they've recently changed the channel art dimensions. Hopefully it'll be resolved soon.

CharType

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Well I adjusted the crop manually so that the text would be more centered, that's why the cropped region is smaller than the default crop. The default crop had the text off-center, that's why I changed it. Is there no way to upload so that my image doesn't get cropped then? Do I have to design my banner image with only the center part being shown?

nomdee

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm not sure, sorry, but if you want, I can make you one, for free :) if you'd like an example of my work, check out @nomdee's channel.
And shes really easy to work with and I was very satisfied with her work :)

Jealous Lawn Care

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've got this same issue...YT keeps doing a poor job of cropping and i can't change it. Can anyone help?

I've attached both files in the requested formats/sizes as well, but to no avail. :-(

Attachments

videoeditgr

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Full resolution is for TVs medium for PC laptop and small for tablet & mobile. While uploading you get a "adjust crop" message. The best solution if you work Photoshop is the image that Switchbox posted above!

:)

Jealous Lawn Care

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I tried using that box as well, came out better but i ended up just using Fiverr for $5

HiEnergy

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
For my current banner I've used trial and error. Redesigned and uploaded until the result worked properly on my desktop.
I used GIMP for the logo design but perhaps a vector graphics application like Inkscape would be even better for lossless scaling and cropping.

Just use this template when making banners
This is pure gold! :up: