Why is my banner getting cropped?

CharType

I made a banner for my channel in 2560 x 1440 pixels like Youtube recommends, but when I went to upload it, it got cropped and I couldn't find any setting that would allow me to upload in uncropped. The image I uploaded is attached. Is there a way to make a channel banner so that I can upload it as is without needing to crop it? Thanks.

Attachments

• YoutubeBanner1.png
    YoutubeBanner1.png
    5.4 KB · Views: 6
The actual banner area is 1546 x 423 px centered on the image. It's supposed to be the part in the middle. Though yours is cropped to be smaller than that, I've seen this happen with a few channels recently, I'm not sure why, have you notified YouTube of the issue? Perhaps it's a glitch, or they've recently changed the channel art dimensions. Hopefully it'll be resolved soon.

Well I adjusted the crop manually so that the text would be more centered, that's why the cropped region is smaller than the default crop. The default crop had the text off-center, that's why I changed it. Is there no way to upload so that my image doesn't get cropped then? Do I have to design my banner image with only the center part being shown?

I've got this same issue...YT keeps doing a poor job of cropping and i can't change it. Can anyone help?

I've attached both files in the requested formats/sizes as well, but to no avail. :-(

Attachments

• Main3.png
    Main3.png
    263.9 KB · Views: 1
  • Main2.png
    Main2.png
    457.8 KB · Views: 1
Just use this template when making banners.
what-is-the-youtube-banner-size-template-business-idea-in-youtube-banner-template-2560x1440.jpg

Full resolution is for TVs medium for PC laptop and small for tablet & mobile. While uploading you get a "adjust crop" message. The best solution if you work Photoshop is the image that Switchbox posted above!

:)

For my current banner I've used trial and error. Redesigned and uploaded until the result worked properly on my desktop.
I used GIMP for the logo design but perhaps a vector graphics application like Inkscape would be even better for lossless scaling and cropping.

Just use this template when making banners
This is pure gold! :up:

Back