Why is Keywords so difficult!??

Hendrik Kapp

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I struggle so much to find the correct keywords for my videos.

I have used VidIQ, TubeBuddy, Google Keyword Planner and a lot more but I still struggle to find ones with good traffic and low competition.

Is there any other method I can use? any tips you guys might have for me?

Much Appreciated!

AmuseYourBrain

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Best place i can think is Google Adwords, go on tools and then search keywords. You will find best keywords there. Yes maybe is hard, but you must know that for every new move on youtube you must wait a little to know if you get the best keywords for your video. So try few combinations and see what is best for you. Wish you best luck

OrbitGuy

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Personally I use a combination of tools and manually searching the keyword on YouTube to check the competition in total as well as the competition in the last week. I use TubeBuddy for some of my keyword stuff but I also use the RapidTags Keyword Analyzer to try and judge search volume over a specific time span to confirm the size of a trend. Then I go and search up the keywords in YouTube to get an idea of what the market for that keyword is like and look at the channels I'd be competing against.

Different YouTube genres probably have different indicators of a keyword that's hot with low competition. For games I look to see if small new channels are getting solid views and not many big channels are competing then that's a big opportunity and shows some unmet demand that people are willing to view anyone who will make a video on it. Obviously for your genre it may be different.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the strategy / technique forum. :)