Why is it hard to keep active subs?

TheToastGamer

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
This baffles me,

what is the point in telling others that you're going to support them... and then in a few weeks just totally act as of they don't mean anything?

Reactions: KantoGaming

MostShockingEP

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Can you explain it better? Its hard to understand what you mean here and I can't read your mind.
I can only say now that to get and keep active subscribers you need to produce quality and exciting content.
Look at any tv show that has a lot of active and loyal viewers, why ? because show is good and viewers want more. Same on YouTube. If your subscribers are not active it is not heir fault, 99% it is your own fault.

Reactions: Redford1900

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
At the same time, make them feel welcomed, they don´t want to give support and not feeling the appreciation back!
Produce good and exciting content, while respond to the comments and interact with the people watching your content!

Reactions: TheToastGamer

TheToastGamer

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
What I meant by this post,

Is that I've seen a lot of people loose active subscribers very quickly. Not me, people are active on my channel and I get a lot of support. How can people have so many subscribers but their views are so little? Is it a work of the hideous "sub 4 sub" plague? Or are people just bored?

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
What I meant by this post,

Is that I've seen a lot of people loose active subscribers very quickly. Not me, people are active on my channel and I get a lot of support. How can people have so many subscribers but their views are so little? Is it a work of the hideous "sub 4 sub" plague? Or are people just bored?
There´s a chance that subscribers subscribe after one video and never watch the person ever again, and there´s a chance that once subscribed, the youtuber doesn´t come up in their news feed!
And of course there´s the sub4sub thing!

adams eats

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
There's a channel that I follow called Nicko's Kitchen. He's been around for years. His channel has over 1 million subscribers, but he's losing subscribers daily, and his views are pretty bad too. 800k a month as it stands. I can't put my finger on why, because the guy is really nice and he does some good recipes. Maybe people have moved on, I don't know.

On the flip side, there's another channel I follow called my virgin kitchen, which has just over 600k subscribers, and gets around 1.6 million views a month.

If I knew the secret as to why, I'd tell you but I don't lol. It's just interesting what makes people stay or go. I think with cooking channels, providing useful real world recipes is a good idea, rather than giant chicken nuggets and whatnot. I mean they might be fun to watch but, are you going to make it?

AmberAndGolden

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I think a lot of the time, especially when a channel gains subscribers slowly over time (like me) you'll have a lot of subs that followed back in the day, or because of ONE specific video, and then either lost interest and didn't bother to unsubscribe, or just forgot about the channel (especially now since most/a lot of videos don't show up in the subscriptions tab)
Since your content, style, ambitions ect are going to change over time, it might not fit with the people who are following you, and the same goes for the subs themselves, maybe they WERE interested in gaming, but now they're more into vlogs or something.. you never really know
Subscribers can be such fickle creatures

Also yes, sub4sub has killed many'a channel

oscarflowers

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
subscribers may:
  • subscribe for one (slightly different) video and then never bother to unsubscribe
  • subscribe and then stop watching youtube
  • forget they subscribed
  • not look at the subscriptions feed
  • be bored of new content

JackyPlus2

Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
I think the reasons for why youtubers with 1mil subs that receive like around 100k views now per vid probably varies from the fact that their audience lost interest in their content but comeback to check out 1 or 2 vids that really catch their interest. The other reasons could probably be that they are to lazy to unsub and/or that when these people subbed to a channel, it was for 1 specific video topic, hoping that the whole channel would be about that subject/niche, but ending up not being the case.

QueenLlama

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Gamer
could perhaps be a lack of consistency in videos and not having a schedule