Why I think it’s sometimes luck

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
I’m more in the camp of “quality videos with good keywords” lead to success, and I’ve had some... some!

But I often hear from the “it’s all luck, you need a shout-out” side and usually disagree. Though I’ve run into a bit of blind luck and maybe my story can be added to the times luck wins the day.

I made a video about a Dr Mario manga book and translated the story. I’ve done it before and the video got good views a while and then as always, died down. But then about 10 days after dying down it shot up all over again. So what happened? A huge channel released something almost the same (but not the same book) and had so many matching terms that it got suggested and long watch times and likes!

But the thing is there’s no way to ever know when or if that will happen, there’s so many needles to thread that it’s impossible to predict. So to me it is purely luck. Though if I had bad seo and a bad video it wouldn’t have been suggested out so much.

Anyone else have a story of lucking out like this or in a different way?

Reactions: InvoKen
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
That's great! It gives me hope, knowing that there are multiple ways to blow up. Just keep putting out good content and hope for the best.

The Outcome

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I have to agree. Some of my videos will die down in views after a few days and blow up when it gets suggested by YouTube. I believe in putting yourself out there for luck to find you :)

InvoKen

Reaction score
I’m more in the camp of “quality videos with good keywords” lead to success, and I’ve had some... some!

But I often hear from the “it’s all luck, you need a shout-out” side and usually disagree. Though I’ve run into a bit of blind luck and maybe my story can be added to the times luck wins the day.

I made a video about a Dr Mario manga book and translated the story. I’ve done it before and the video got good views a while and then as always, died down. But then about 10 days after dying down it shot up all over again. So what happened? A huge channel released something almost the same (but not the same book) and had so many matching terms that it got suggested and long watch times and likes!

But the thing is there’s no way to ever know when or if that will happen, there’s so many needles to thread that it’s impossible to predict. So to me it is purely luck. Though if I had bad seo and a bad video it wouldn’t have been suggested out so much.

Anyone else have a story of lucking out like this or in a different way?
[DOUBLEPOST=1516668051,1516667887][/DOUBLEPOST]Hi, I just learned about this site.
I definitely can see for certain channels it can be luck and maybe that's across the board as well I see it as an act of God more than luck myself.

If you don't mind taking a moment, I'm looking for a few pointers on this site and how it works I'm trying to figure it out but this is all new to me and I'm very new to YouTube as well so if you wouldn't mind helping me out that's a little information that would be great.

Well thank you for your time thank you for your post I hope to hear back from you Ken Williams