Why I decided to go with an intro

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have tried with a channel-intro before but I guess it was no good, cause it didn’t help me in gaining new subscribers as much as one of my regular videos did.

But have thought about it (a lot) and I have decided to give it another go. It has been debated a lot here in this forum but I think the key to a good channel-intro is to keep it relatively short and at the same time to get as much info out about your channel, without making it boring of course. I have spiced my channel-intro with a clickbait-ish thumbnail (without being clickbait of course) and not sure if it will backfire but if that´s the case I will have to change the thumb:)

Time will tell if my new intro will do the trick or not:)

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I think this works really well. It's very clear and clean, and tells viewers what they need to know. Great work!

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think this works really well. It's very clear and clean, and tells viewers what they need to know. Great work!
Thanks a lot. I really appreciate your feedback:up2: I am looking forward to see what this channel intro will do for my channel (if any) since i uploaded it I lost some subscribers allready (allways do when I upload new videos) but it also looks as if I gaind them back so that´s okay I guess

Reactions: xingcat

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Yeh i never know what to do for the best either. When I am visiting other people's channels a loud intro that autoplays normally gets me to click X pretty quickly. I have a channel trailer but I don't know if i benefit from it or if it detracts from engagement. Channel trailer is only seen by people that ave not subscribed yet?

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I run a 2 second generic intro the same for all videos. Who knows whether it has a positive or negative reaction. I like it and I will continue to use it.