Why FB is Massively Overpriced for YouTube Promotions

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
im beginning to think that getting a spot in the suggested is weighted more towards the instantaneous popularity of a video from first upload, and perhaps less weight on matching keyword combinations. popularity can be very organic and mercurial and perhaps dependent on timing, so im definitely having a hard time cracking the suggested section.
I don't think the kws/tags has a large influence on suggested, as it's so easy for anyone to copy those to any video. I imagine by this stage there are of thousands of videos copying RTR's exact tags and descriptions, yet I bet none of them (or very few) would appear in suggested of large channels.

I'm at a loss to explain what are the top factors that trigger suggested. Of course I have some ideas, but they don't explain everything I've seen. If I was forced to choose, I would go for channel authority, which I define as a relatively large number of videos targeted to tags groups (tag clouds as you called it), high channel views and high video views on the video being targeted for suggested. Hence that Thomas water channel that got top placement on RTR with their 50 second video.[DOUBLEPOST=1470473418,1470472648][/DOUBLEPOST]
in the beginning I used to have a website. I used a CMS with blog tools and youtube plugins to make posting easier. and I was able to get favorable text from the blog, and video listings in google.com search for certain keywords. so the plan definitely works. I remember getting top spots in google when a new Happy Meal toy came out and I made a video. and I used to have the #1 or #2 spot for "Hydro wheels colossus" (not anymore). it can compliment your views when you are small. but the views pale in comparison to what you can get from suggested section. if I treated my channel like a business where I am maximizing every percentile increase then I would continue with the website because its a good idea. but after i changed my channel name, and discovered familytoyreview.com is not available i kind of lost interest.
Our external views for the last 90 days are showing up as 0.1%. If I drill down, Google search accounts for 49% of 0.1%, so 0.05%. Absolutely nothing.

But I'm hoping a blog ties all the social media together with the channel and videos, and gives a "being everywhere on the net" effect that was popularized by Pat Flynn. This may help with further discovery and search ranking by google.

Any reason you can't use a .net or .us or even a .tv like we have?

Reactions: KidsCorner

FamilyToyReview

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Any reason you can't use a .net or .us or even a .tv like we have?
im a little prejudiced. for SEO purposes any of those top level domains will probably do as well. i just feel like I need to have a .com if I'm going to make a site. especially if I get big enough, .com is the default search people would do.

on the other hand its not like I need to have a .com. so those other ones will do. its not like ill become a huge brand. and there are other things just as valuable as a domain like a social media page. for certain things, I have looked up enttites on facebook before bothering to google their website.

.com is better but not end all be all.

KidsCorner

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm at a loss to explain what are the top factors that trigger suggested. Of course I have some ideas, but they don't explain everything I've seen. If I was forced to choose, I would go for channel authority, which I define as a relatively large number of videos targeted to tags groups (tag clouds as you called it), high channel views and high video views on the video being targeted for suggested.
I love the graph in this link which shows a lot of the correlations that make your video ranked. I have it printed in color on A3 paper next to my computer :)
youtube-video-seo-ranking-factors-infographic.jpg

Reactions: KiddieToysReview

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I love the graph in this link which shows a lot of the correlations that make your video ranked. I have it printed in color on A3 paper next to my computer :)
View attachment 36988
It's a good diagram, I have it printed out on the wall too. But it's for search.
Suggested is an all together different beast. Sure it's related, but just because I can rank a video in position #2 on page 1 of the YT search results, doesn't not mean that video will get into suggested of big channels. I think that one has factors not in the diagram.

Reactions: FamilyToyReview

FamilyToyReview

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
It's a good diagram, I have it printed out on the wall too. But it's for search.
Suggested is an all together different beast. Sure it's related, but just because I can rank a video in position #2 on page 1 of the YT search results, doesn't not mean that video will get into suggested of big channels. I think that one has factors not in the diagram.
yea I took a look and it is definitely different from suggested. i would love to see one for suggested.

Reactions: KiddieToysReview