Why does he not get flagged!

~ZERO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So I was watching this video
htt p://youtu.be /wqHEctyxQ40
I am thinking, the pics shown in this video is not his own, so why isnt he getting a copyright strike?

Kira.Yamaguchi

The Legend
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer, Commentator, Designer
Well, it's really just C.S, his video is about 15 Facts and Myths so it's pretty normal to add pictures on your videos even if it's from the internet and not yours.

Reactions: ~ZERO

~ZERO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Well, it's really just C.S, his video is about 15 Facts and Myths so it's pretty normal to add pictures on your videos even if it's from the internet and not yours.
SO if I add public pictures from google images and add it to my monetized video, I wont get a copyright strike ?

WolfWraith

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
SO if I add public pictures from google images and add it to my monetized video, I wont get a copyright strike ?
You may or may not, it's up to the copyright holder. Only 2 things I can think of as to why he isn't getting into trouble 1) he might have permission 2) the copyright holder probably doesn't mind either way or doesn't know. EDIT: Sorry, I was in the middle of creating a thumbnail and some how got confused. YouTube's policy requires that you either own the copyrights to the images or have permission to use them. In some cases the pictures can be used as references under fair use but I wouldn't rely on that. So my previous comment still stands, either he has permission or the copyright holder doesn't care or know.

Tarmack

Rhetorical Porcupine
Reaction score
In all my time on YouTube, I've never seen or heard of a case where someone got a Content Match for a picture. Doesn't mean you have the rights to use it which does mean the owner of the picture could submit a DMCA takedown, but that's incredibly unlikely.

~ZERO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
In all my time on YouTube, I've never seen or heard of a case where someone got a Content Match for a picture. Doesn't mean you have the rights to use it which does mean the owner of the picture could submit a DMCA takedown, but that's incredibly unlikely.
So, does that mean we can actually use pics from google in our videos like this?

babyteeth4

Taking over the world... ...one kid at a time!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'd say avoid doing that. Don't tempt fate just because it appears someone else is getting away with something.

Tarmack

Rhetorical Porcupine
Reaction score
So, does that mean we can actually use pics from google in our videos like this?
No, that's not what I said. I said you're unlikely to get caught and it's a relatively minor issue. That doesn't mean you have the appropriate permissions to do it.

~ZERO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thank you all guys. You all helped me a lot :D