• Total voters

wchap001

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
dont remember if I answered this thread but mostly to document my rides. I think almost every dirtbiker/offroader records themselves. Just a natural thing. I also like cinematography, so I am slowly getting into that with offroading. Not looking to get big nor I know that will never happen....i mean its a dirtbike channel lol.

anddd cool to talk to other bikers and have them enjoy my offroading video

DapperDanVlogs

Reaction score
I hear ya! Do you find that you ever look back at your videos and think they are not good enough though?[DOUBLEPOST=1551692314,1551692219][/DOUBLEPOST]
Congrats on uploading for a year dude! Did you ever miss an upload in that year? and have you changed or been tempted to change your upload frequency from once a week?
no I never missed a week, well maybe a day late or so a couple times. there were times when i was discouraged and didnt know what to film but also there were times where I shot 3 videos in one weekend so I could relax for a couple weeks since I had videos in the bank. there were times when I released 3 vids a week, but once a week is best for me while working another job you know?

EchoOrdial

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Other
My friend and I started at the same time, me glitching and him making montages and we have been motivating each other.

Cabbitude

Reaction score
Website
www.cabbitudegaming.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm one of those weird 'other' people from the poll. :wavespin:

I began my youtube channel because I was diagnosed with chronic vestibular migraines when I began experiencing violent dizzy spells in early 2017. I became housebound and, in some moments, bedbound while my doctor and I tried to find a prescription that would keep me stabilized for longer than a few hours a day. It took about 6 months to find something that got me out of bed enough to be able to work around the apartment and keep the place clean-ish... but we haven't been able to find anything to stop the attacks altogether. I pretty much lost my business (had a tiny 3d graphic design business I worked from home keeping up, worked 8-36 hours a shot sometimes, it was crazy) because I couldn't handle high stress anymore without it triggering a migraine and landing me back in bed.

I could, however, still game because I have the sense to take a breath and step away to chill out if something's too challenging (I'm not one of those crazy people that screams at games like Cuppy or Getting Over It, sorry). I kinda dove into Fallout 4 for ages and used my games as an escape from my depression and general misery since I couldn't do much anymore and felt awful and useless. I lost pretty much all but 2 of my friends because I just couldn't do things anymore without taking a ton of precautions and I couldn't even go outside anymore without significant care taken in covering up because the meds that work for my head also put my UV allergy into hyperdrive and I break out in horrible itchy little bumps if the sun touches my skin. It sucks.

I watched a ton of Let's Players as well. Basically when I wasn't living vicariously through my games, I was living vicariously through someone else's. Eventually I realized that I could potentially be 'that guy' and maybe exist again. Maybe even make some friends again. It was terrifying (I'm autistic and have severe social anxiety) but I finally decided to start the channel last February. It's been up for a little over a year now and I'm slowly creeping towards 300 subs and I've even made a few friends through networking for the channel and being active on social media. It essentially forced me out of my shell a little bit and gave me an opportunity to talk to people again. Hell, it gave me something to talk to people /about/, you know?

So yeah... I guess you could say I was 'inspired' by other Let's Players but really I joined because I felt like I didn't exist anymore, like I was cut off from everything because of my health problems... and I just wanted to exist again. Part of me desperately hopes that I'll eventually make enough from my little channel to help with bills and whatnot again because I hate being such a waste and financial burden on my wife, but that's something to strive towards rather than get tripped up by.

Oh and as of earlier this year (2019) I decided to add a vlog day to the channel so, while I still primarily upload gaming videos delving into the well-told stories in video games (no Fortnight, sorry), I also upload vlogs on Saturdays focused on letting my little community get to know me a little better as well as promoting openmindedness and awareness about issues like chronic illness, autism, and LGBTQ+ topics as well. It's been really great and it's something that keeps me from falling into the pit of abject misery I was trapped in before the channel. It gives me a focus and a goal, you know?

Anyway, sorry if this was a little lengthy, I can be kind of long winded sometimes :Blackalien2:

~Ashleigh

Reactions: Yoshi6

ArianeMarie

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've always wanted a YouTube channel, but I was terrified to put myself out there. I had done other channels that only featured my voice, but it wasn't the kind of content I wanted to make, so the interest vanished. I've always been a bit of a big girl and I used to be very insecure in how I looked. My fear was that people would make fun of me and at that point, I wasn't sure I could handle that. I started watching a body positive YouTuber and she really opened my eyes. She was the very pinnacle of confidence that I wished I had. When I stopped hating what I saw in the mirror and started embracing myself, I began to get more comfortable with putting myself out there. I've only just started, but my hope is to spread a message of body positivity and loving yourself unconditionally. It's a personal struggle I know all too well, I want to help others like she helped me.

Tran L

Reaction score
This question has been asked several times on the forum and I would like to explain my answer in a little bit of detail:

Youtube has changed me. Before I began my channel early this year, I was an extremely camera shy person with a big inferiority complex. I was convinced to do this by another Youtuber who makes really good vlogs and is extremely comfortable in front of the camera. Being a Youtube personality really appealed to me and I wanted to give it a try not so much to be rich or famous, but to conquer my insecurities.

It was a big step for me because I didn’t quite know how to begin. I had a camera and a hobby but my biggest problem was, and sometimes still is, how to avoid getting tongue tied when the red light is blinking. My first few videos were awful. So awful that they never made it onto my Youtube channel. The first few videos that I did upload are better but still not great.

As I filmed more and more, the videos got better but I concede they still could use improvement. My very first uploaded video, which is my Homemade Doughnuts was the scariest because I filmed the first part of it in a public place (the gym) with a bunch of people, some I knew, others I didn’t standing around watching me. I planned it out a week in advance and even remembered a brief script in my head. I would recite the script out loud in my car while driving everyday until I got it right. It was a success. It was a huge step in overcoming the awkwardness we all feel about filming in public. I still go back and watch that video because I believe it was a turning point for me.

The biggest change is that the camera shyness is completely gone. In fact, I now love being in front of the camera and willing to do things I would never consider doing in the past such as dancing, wearing NO makeup, and acting like a clown. I can’t see myself not doing this because I’m really having so much fun now.

That is why I Youtube

Youtube has changed me. Before I began my channel early this year, I was an extremely camera shy person with a big inferiority complex. I was convinced to do this by another Youtuber who makes really good vlogs and is extremely comfortable in front of the camera. Being a Youtube personality really appealed to me and I wanted to give it a try not so much to be rich or famous, but to conquer my insecurities.

It was a big step for me because I didn’t quite know how to begin. I had a camera and a hobby but my biggest problem was, and sometimes still is, how to avoid getting tongue tied when the red light is blinking. My first few videos were awful. So awful that they never made it onto my Youtube channel. The first few videos that I did upload are better but still not great.

As I filmed more and more, the videos got better but I concede they still could use improvement. My very first uploaded video, which is my Homemade Doughnuts was the scariest because I filmed the first part of it in a public place (the gym) with a bunch of people, some I knew, others I didn’t standing around watching me. I planned it out a week in advance and even remembered a brief script in my head. I would recite the script out loud in my car while driving everyday until I got it right. It was a success. It was a huge step in overcoming the awkwardness we all feel about filming in public. I still go back and watch that video because I believe it was a turning point for me.

The biggest change is that the camera shyness is completely gone. In fact, I now love being in front of the camera and willing to do things I would never consider doing in the past such as dancing, wearing NO makeup, and acting like a clown. I can’t see myself not doing this because I’m really having so much fun now.

That is why I Youtube
[/QUOTE]

Reactions: Dutchie Abroad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I started a vlog in 2011. That was cringe at its worst. After a hiatus I knew I could produce better content so I decided to give YouTube another go. I switched my focus to retro games and then finally to wrestling. I do this for the pure fun and for the fans. Plus with unlimited creation slots in Fire Pro Wrestling World my channel is the home of the Protoverse, a collection of about 200 wrestlers created by me and some friends of mine.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I do YouTube because I want to inspire people to follow their dreams through following my own dream of an adventurous life. People face so many obstacles throughout their lives and never go after their dreams. I want people to remember that there is always someone succeeding at following their dreams with more obstacles than their own. Does that sound crazy?

Andreassandström

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I started putting out videos because I want to have something for my personal training clients, that I help online, to have something to watch when I give them certain movements. But I think that I might want to do more. I want to talk more about fitness, trainingstyles, diets, nutrition facts etc etc! But as of now, I am building up my big exercise bank for my clients but also for everyone else to watch!
I know, I know, this excist already! But I like to know that I can provide the same value, as possible, to online clients as to my in person clients!

I can see that when I put myself infront of the camera AND talk, the views spike and that might be something that I should do more but I am 1: not comfortable with the talking as much as I thought and 2: I have not yet decided exactly what way I want to go with those videos.

I would love to hear from anyone here if you guys might have tips and trix on what way to take.