How did you start?

• Total voters

Dadrules

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
My - Why i started youtube..

I first opened a channel to simple use it to upload the videos of the tracks i built in a ps4 game and then used the you tube outlet to transfer my videos to the games forum. Where people could then see the track i had created for the game and go and play them in the track central of the game where i had uploaded them. I continued doing this for many many videos and slowly got the bug for youtube, however i did not start to try to do it properly until recently. I'm a father and saw that the message i wanted to spread to other fathers could actually be done on you tube so thus i begun my channel now.

My aim is one that eventually i will be able to use it as a career option, which for one would be awesome to be able to do something so satisfying and also help other people at the same time. The other is that i suffer with a major illness which i wont add here but i am on the trasnplant for an organ ( a major one ) and suffer with working in the real world due to my illness symptoms. However i find you tube really useful where you can work to your own ability and time frame giving me the option to stay in bed on the days i am ill

There is also the fact that when you get a like or someone comments on your video ,its pretty dam great and in many ways its great to combine this effect with reaching around the world with your content. Obviously i have years to go and lots to learn but i'm looking forward to seeing my channel grow and seeing what other things i can come up with. At the moment i am doing animated videos but i do also use hitfilms which allows for some great effect and film footage if i decide too.

Man i could go on and on , but lets just stop there and say , you tube is pretty much taken over my life at the moment. I am a keen gamer to be honest and my thoughts were to do a gaming channel at first but i found this not really to be any help to anyone else out there. I know i struggled with 4 kids after separation and keeping contact in a family unit so i know others do and any help i can give them is much more rewarding than playing battlefield or overwatch to the masses.

happy you tubing everyone and good luck too all on their channels and if you make it , then well done as we know how much hard work it entitles

Kind regards
Dadrules

Cvolton

I've Got It
Reaction score
I started because I wanted to have my own TV station with my own series and stuff when I was little. YT is a great way of fulfilling this dream

Mrcento

Reaction score
I do it because for me, it's going back to the start after some bad times personally.

Nearly 11 years ago i was studying digital media and got my qualifications, there were 2 main project guys in that class, myself and another guy. All my projects won awards but i totally fell out of love with the whole thing and gave it up. He went on to become a top (and i mean, TOP) media guy who does music videos for some of the biggest artists in the UK and TV work. I totally wasted what ability i had chasing other life avenues that didn't work out too well, lost my father, suffered illness, depression etc.

11 years later, after getting into watching others on YT i decided to finally do something and try to draw on what i used to do... except all the software was obsolete now so i had to relearn everything but it got me familiarised with it all at least and i put up my first video in November. It's over a decade but finally i'm back doing what i know i can do, and knowing how hard times can be and how videos can brighten peoples days, that's what i hope to do, even if it's just one person you take problems away from for 20 minutes, you've done a good thing.

SweetDaddyBrown

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
To entertain and be entertained. I find it neat going back to one of my old videos and watch how things have changed.

Reactions: Dadrules

Heeranee

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I started my Youtube channel as a Wellness coach consultant I want to promote healthier & happier lifestyle. I am a shy person, I am ok to talk in small group but speak in public has been challenging. I am a positive thinker & I have improved my life to much better by being positive & taking action...I also teach this to my daughters & share my knowledge with my husband so we can all enjoy happy life.
As a newly qualified coach one of my challenging goal was to do something different & step out of my comfort zone. Youtube was the solution, as I have a young family I can do videos when it suits me best.
I also recently started vlogging our family lifestyle daily. i had this idea cos I am always making videos of my kids, especially my 15 months old baby & posting to families & friends.
i want to capture every single new things she does. i also feel since i started vlog daily I am even more grateful for my life, family, kids & everything else we blessed with.

ShuriBear

Reaction score
I do Youtube to show people how much fun I have with my friends while playing CS:GO and I hope to make friends this way as well.

Reactions: Heeranee

amateurgamer

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
After going to school a few years and going through some rough patches, I started to question whether the job following graduation is something I want to do for the rest of my life. Wanting to do something I think I'd enjoy more, I started a YouTube channel very recently. My channel has nothing to do with what I'm learning at school whatsoever. Currently, I'm just juggling the channel and my school work. Let's hope it works out! :p

BlazeYT

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Why do I do YouTube? Well, I've been asked that question before, whether it be in a negative or a positive way. I only have 100 subs right now and I tried YouTube a few times but failed. I did YouTube on this channel 11 months ago gained 100 subs in that time and lost about 35, now I gained 35 subs and it's great. So, what kind of got me into this is when I was 8 I was diagnosed with brain cancer and everyday about I used to play WOW on my laptop and I loved it. I used to watch YouTubers and it looked really fun to just do it. I grew up on computers ever since everquest was a big thing. My grandpa, who I always played games with died when I was 14 and then my mom died when I was 16.

From both of those deaths I realized I had to be the man they expected me to be. I got out of my comfort zone, I joined theater I joined choir and I competed in track. I also go to the gym everyday and I was about 30% body fat and currently I am 15%. I looked at what I can do in the future and what these ordinary people such as Pewdiepie or Seananners or any big YouTuber was doing and it seemed like fun. Now don't get me wrong it is hard work but it is worth it. Back when I quit youtube 11 months ago I was just tired of it because no one was viewing my stuff. Well granted I had 100 subs I had a small viewership but I was envious of the big dogs of the call of duty scene like Ali-A and Tmartn and I wanted that. But it is a hard climb and if you stop you'll just fall down and you won't get anywhere. You just have to keep pushing and every new subscription and every comment you receive and every like makes me feel like I have achieved something even if the comment is just simply "nice vid" it feels like I did a good job and someone out there of this world of almost roughly 8 billion people enjoyed my content. This is why I do youtube and why I keep trying because one day I know I will make it. I just need determination and I can do it. Anyone can do this you just need a good work ethic. There will be bad days and there will be good days, in reality you will have more bad days although you would like more good days but that's how it will be. You have to make a name for yourself and claim your spot. You just have to act now because no one else is going to do it for you. Get out there and show the world who you really are. Thankyou
-Blaze

LachlanR

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have always wanted to start a personal YouTube Channel but have always been hesitant on what others thought of me doing it. To get around this, I built a online community for a sport that I participate in. This community was largely a WordPress website, but it took off quite quickly and grew to be quite large. This was mainly due to being one of three of these communities in Australia. I was then able to use the community that I had built online through the website and other social media accounts (Facebook and Instagram) to create a YouTube Channel. This channel now sits at 260 subscribers and I've recently found that doing product reviews are doing quite well.

I have decided that 2017 will be my year to start a personal YouTube Channel, away from the protection of the "I do it for my job / business".

Why I do YouTube? Because I have always been interested in technology and social media. I believe that social media is the future and I believe that I have something that I can offer it. I also like that it provides a range of different people a voice. I have read through a number of pages on this thread and enjoy seeing that so many people on here have become more confident as a result of creating YouTube videos.