How did you start?

• Total voters

Friendlyman

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Im just wondering why people started youtube like is it just for fun or fame like why did you start youtube

Reactions: Emerrias

Munchito696

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Im just wondering why people started youtube like is it just for fun or fame like why did you start youtube
I started my channel to share videos with people without having to send them a huge file. I uploaded 3 videos in one day of military stuff so I could show friends and family, then I didn't touch the channel for about a year or two. Then we got our first puppy so I started uploading puppy and dog stuff to show friends and family. After uploading my first couple puppy videos I realized you could make money so I monetized. That mostly changed the way I promoted my videos, I would have uploaded most of them regardless. Last year I turned off monetization because I wasn't making enough to make it worth doing extra tax forms. I still upload though, I just don't promote my videos as aggressively. I have always liked filming stuff way before YouTube and I still do, so I'll still make videos with no money involved. I don't upload as often now mainly because I'm super busy. I uploaded my first video in 7 months yesterday and these clips were filmed in August. I finally got around to editing them yesterday lol. Working two jobs and trying to do adult stuff doesn't leave a lot of free time. I worked 13 days in a row recently, yesterday was my first day off in two weeks, this is how I got the time to edit a video. I meant to edit the videos I shot yesterday, but I saw my stuff from August and did that instead.

Emerrias

Reaction score
To change the game and RISE! Also to share things like this:

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Emerrias

Reaction score
My therapist suggested it. I know, exciting.
[emoji23][emoji3][emoji16][emoji16] Great suggestion if you don't partake in the YouTube drama!

Emerrias

Reaction score
I started my channel to share videos with people without having to send them a huge file. I uploaded 3 videos in one day of military stuff so I could show friends and family, then I didn't touch the channel for about a year or two. Then we got our first puppy so I started uploading puppy and dog stuff to show friends and family. After uploading my first couple puppy videos I realized you could make money so I monetized. That mostly changed the way I promoted my videos, I would have uploaded most of them regardless. Last year I turned off monetization because I wasn't making enough to make it worth doing extra tax forms. I still upload though, I just don't promote my videos as aggressively. I have always liked filming stuff way before YouTube and I still do, so I'll still make videos with no money involved. I don't upload as often now mainly because I'm super busy. I uploaded my first video in 7 months yesterday and these clips were filmed in August. I finally got around to editing them yesterday lol. Working two jobs and trying to do adult stuff doesn't leave a lot of free time. I worked 13 days in a row recently, yesterday was my first day off in two weeks, this is how I got the time to edit a video. I meant to edit the videos I shot yesterday, but I saw my stuff from August and did that instead.
Love the story! Thanks for posting!

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I wrote a traveling blog for a year before starting my channel (I had a channel before, which I didn´t use at the time) and I decided to make a channel with the same name, so I could show what I have been doing, to complement the writing!

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
For fun:) I got really inspered by a channel with self inprovement animation videos and thought it was so cool... I looked into it and found out the program/software the guy used and then my channel was born:) I never had any idea though (like most new Youtuber i think) how hard it would be making videos and getting noticed..... So always start for the fun of it and if it´s goes well you can aim for fame;)

tizzer65

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I started watching youtube seriously back in the days of Hutch, Seananners and Mr Sark at Machinima. Those videos co-incided with possibly the best years of my gaming life. Watching them play 'as a living' really inspired me to make my own channel. At the time however I couldn't afford any of the equipment and I was in university so I was super busy. Now with all the free software and ps4's convenient recording software I can easily create content that I love.

I started out just uploading games for me and my friends to watch, but now I am taking it a bit more seriously and trying to edit videos effectively. I'm loving the journey, having gained that many subs or even get any views but I am really enjoying it so that's all that matters to me.

SandSeven7

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
For myself, it's all about having fun and getting to share that experience with others. I think I've learned that I will not post videos if I'm not enjoying the entire process. When I started YouTubing, I had very little traffic, but I was enjoying simply making videos for myself to watch. Then all of a sudden I got a lucky break stumbling onto a new game that did well.

For the next 2 years I enjoyed steady growth allowing me to actually earn a bit of money doing something I loved. Around 3 years into the process it started to become more and more like a job. The time between post started increasing exponentially, and before I knew it, YouTube started to become a thing of the past.

It stayed a thing of the past until a couple months ago. I finally found a new game I enjoyed enough to share. That was when the yearning to create content started creeping up in my mind. That lead to a decision to make a new series, so 2 days ago I very reluctantly posted that first video in 2 years and 361 days.

While nervously refreshing the video to read the comments my mood shot straight to cloud 9. The next hour spent interacting with my viewers was pure nirvana. After 3 years away, I have again found why I do YouTube.

Reactions: tizzer65