Youtuber
Abram French
Thanks for the post
It really great to see someone on YTtalk that also into scuba

SpazTheGamer

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I YouTube because I have always wanted to share experiences with my gaming. I also do plenty of walkthroughs of games which I upload to YouTube to keep as a portfolio of games that I have completed through out my time. I was influenced by a hand full of creators such as Sandy Ravage, TheRadBrad, Thunder. I have two channels; one if my reality channel and the other is my gaming. I have always loved to create things ever since I was young, creating and expressing to me is a big part of who I am.

Reaction score
i just want to show my dance art to people and inspire people with my dances.
Also put much emotion in my dances to connect more. go on my channel to check it out if you want.

Reactions: Mark Stise

MAXX ADORNO

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I originally started for fun but after some time it got way deeper than that. It really gave me something to put effort and focus into in my life and has been a big part ever since.

Digital Beast

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
It started as a hobby. Something for be to dabble a little on everyday. I didn't expect much from it till magically somehow my vids took off (one got 100k and more views.) and I thought maybe I could do something with this. It's still a hobby, and it's very fun. My favorite part is actually editing!

CoenGibson

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
This question has been asked several times on the forum and I would like to explain my answer in a little bit of detail:

Youtube has changed me. Before I began my channel early this year, I was an extremely camera shy person with a big inferiority complex. I was convinced to do this by another Youtuber who makes really good vlogs and is extremely comfortable in front of the camera. Being a Youtube personality really appealed to me and I wanted to give it a try not so much to be rich or famous, but to conquer my insecurities.

It was a big step for me because I didn’t quite know how to begin. I had a camera and a hobby but my biggest problem was, and sometimes still is, how to avoid getting tongue tied when the red light is blinking. My first few videos were awful. So awful that they never made it onto my Youtube channel. The first few videos that I did upload are better but still not great.

As I filmed more and more, the videos got better but I concede they still could use improvement. My very first uploaded video, which is my Homemade Doughnuts was the scariest because I filmed the first part of it in a public place (the gym) with a bunch of people, some I knew, others I didn’t standing around watching me. I planned it out a week in advance and even remembered a brief script in my head. I would recite the script out loud in my car while driving everyday until I got it right. It was a success. It was a huge step in overcoming the awkwardness we all feel about filming in public. I still go back and watch that video because I believe it was a turning point for me.

The biggest change is that the camera shyness is completely gone. In fact, I now love being in front of the camera and willing to do things I would never consider doing in the past such as dancing, wearing NO makeup, and acting like a clown. I can’t see myself not doing this because I’m really having so much fun now.

That is why I Youtube

it can be really difficult getting over some things you fear in life, you've done amazing already coming out of your insecurities and following something that you wanted too do. tbh as a human i'm really proud that you didn't just give up on it and call it stupid because you didn't want to put yourself in an awkward position. the human brain is created to stop people from putting themselves in positions that they awkward in, so that in itself is an amazing job. but mostly the reason i want to actually write this quote, obviously to say CONGRATULATIONS ahahha but not only that, i wanted to write this because i'm sure that you would have experienced this yourself when recording in public. Vloggers or anyone really that records within a public place is put under a lot of pressure by the people who are around them, you feel nervous because everyone's attention is on you, but when recording in public it really ISN'T a good type of attention, typically people are judgemental or awkward when around you whilst you record and it can mess with the person talking to the lens quite a bit. honestly there's not a lot we as creators can do about this but its something that honestly annoys me. i suppose in a sense i feel as if people don't want to be wrapped into a situation where a "scene is being made" so they act really awkward when someone around them is recording. i guess really what i'm saying is meaningless -_- but in the end i just wish that people within society could be more accepting of growing trends like vlogging and instead of judging it embrace it, but i guess that just because we live in a world where conformity rules the minds of the public ;/ youtube banner3.jpg

Cephus

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It was really an accident. Originally, I had a podcast and I used YouTube as one of many outlets. And while I was uploading the podcast, I would occasionally make a quick video on some subject that I was interested in. When the podcast ended, I realized that I had a lot to say and enjoyed making videos saying it, so it's continued since then.

Reactions: CoenGibson

Kwantabile

Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
I started because...

Of two videos I watched (Shinhwa's " This Love " danced by SNK characters, Taemin's " Danger " with Kaneki from Tokyo Ghoul).
I was curious. After all, I've always been a viewer, but how does it feel to be the one who entertains? The one who is watched?
I wanted to try a new medium (animation).
It's a way to distract myself from real life.
Maybe I'll meet cool/fun people along the way.
Why not?

Jim Baugh

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
We started for tutorials for various tech things and then realized it would be a great place to archive our 30 years of outdoor tv shows, plus put the new ones up as well. that is all it got going for us.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I do YouTube because of my little nephew. He is 13 years old and he made a channel awhile back. He was sad though cause he didn't have much of a following and just gave up. I told him daily not to give up but he eventually did about a month or two ago. So i decided to start my gaming channel and start myself a following hoping to show him with hard work and just being yourself anything is possible. I'm up to 28 subs right now and i think he is my biggest fan :). I usually get at the most 4 likes on a video and one of them is always him. He looks up to me and i hope i can continue to grow and make him proud of me!