How did you start?

• Total voters

Scotty Byrd

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I'm in denial that i have a chance to get money on youtube and get clout when in reality i get about 3.5 views a day lol

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
i youtube because its a good way to meet new people , have fun and just do what u love...

Babygames

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Creative outlet. I would love to turn my hobby into a way to make money outside the platform.

MAXX ADORNO

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
The reason i started making video honestly was because i wanted to become famous mainly because i wanted friends. Even though im not famous, ive gotten friends because of youtube and became less antisocial.

sirbestow

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
This question has been asked several times on the forum and I would like to explain my answer in a little bit of detail:

Youtube has changed me. Before I began my channel early this year, I was an extremely camera shy person with a big inferiority complex. I was convinced to do this by another Youtuber who makes really good vlogs and is extremely comfortable in front of the camera. Being a Youtube personality really appealed to me and I wanted to give it a try not so much to be rich or famous, but to conquer my insecurities.

It was a big step for me because I didn’t quite know how to begin. I had a camera and a hobby but my biggest problem was, and sometimes still is, how to avoid getting tongue tied when the red light is blinking. My first few videos were awful. So awful that they never made it onto my Youtube channel. The first few videos that I did upload are better but still not great.

As I filmed more and more, the videos got better but I concede they still could use improvement. My very first uploaded video, which is my Homemade Doughnuts was the scariest because I filmed the first part of it in a public place (the gym) with a bunch of people, some I knew, others I didn’t standing around watching me. I planned it out a week in advance and even remembered a brief script in my head. I would recite the script out loud in my car while driving everyday until I got it right. It was a success. It was a huge step in overcoming the awkwardness we all feel about filming in public. I still go back and watch that video because I believe it was a turning point for me.

The biggest change is that the camera shyness is completely gone. In fact, I now love being in front of the camera and willing to do things I would never consider doing in the past such as dancing, wearing NO makeup, and acting like a clown. I can’t see myself not doing this because I’m really having so much fun now.

That is why I Youtube
I spent a LOT to go to college and be basically unemployed. I do what I do because no one else will hire me to do it.

MarcNL

Reaction score
Mostly because I wanted to document my travels and show them to whoever wanted to see it outside of my friends and family.

Reactions: sirbestow

FireShock

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
To share views on different pieces of media, get friendly discussion going and just to have fun. I think having fun with your channel is something people forget a lot of the time.

Reaction score
I started YouTube to share my Dance pieces. i really like to put a story in my Dance and wanted to share it with people. In my opinion people forget that dancing is not only for sick moves or hyping crowth. it's for me telling a story withour words.
if you want go watch my latest video on my channel: Rogér Grizzly[DOUBLEPOST=1518267899,1518192089][/DOUBLEPOST]would love your support on my video <3

Attachments

Karnage316

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
For me it was seeing various Youtubers (and later livestreamers) seemingly having a ton of fun doing something they enjoyed - I liked the idea of that and being able to share my gaming experiences with a wider audience. As time has gone on and I've grown to understand the work involved in doing so then it also transitioned into a creative outlet for me as well, to see what I can make from my editing tools and a game recording to make it even more entertaining for people to watch.