How did you start?

• Total voters

Sickly Gamer

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I do YouTube to take a break from the real world and it personally brings me happiness learning new skills such as editing and achieving goals i set brings a joy to my heart. YouTube gives me something to constantly work on hence me being always busy instead of wasting my life on the streets.

Reaction score
My interest in YT...vintage and historical small gauge films to archive.

I opened a account 2 weeks ago and uploaded a couple films last night. I wanted to share some of my 16 film archive. But looks like YT may ban me with the way things are going. They took one down one clip within a few hours. I guess I will go back to the Internet Archive if YT boots me, they have never hassled me as of yet.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Why do I YouTube?

I guess I YouTube because it gives me an outlet for my creativity and to share my passions with the world. I started out contributing to another channel - I'm a screenwriter, so I started helping a friend with his web series, joining as a co-writer. Seeing the content go live and the response to it made me feel like it was a platform that I could work with for my own purposes, so I've got a few channels going to separate each part of my creative urges. On my most recent one, I just do gaming - I play Football Manager, and was inspired to do it by guys like Loki Doki, Lollujo, ooClanoo and, WorkTheSpace DrBenjyFM. But I have other channels that I'm preparing content for - I'm currently writing a web series of my own, which I'm hoping to launch in January on its own channel, and I have a personal channel on which I'm just using for my own creative outlets: I sing and do comedy, so I'm going to use that for sketches, stand-up clips, covers, stuff like that. Finding the time is going to be tough, because I'm also a full-time law student and I have an almost full-time job, but being able to connect to the world via YouTube and show them what I'm capable of is really important to me, as is building and being able to engage with a community.

Show Stephanie

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
For me I watched videos of other youtubers doing gameplay and other things and i have that same interest so i thought why not and i love doing it, i can express my creativity and imagination. It makes me happy once i feel I've fully completed a video and its ready to upload. Even though I've just started, I've thought about it for a long time and recently finally did it. It makes happy when i see that I've got a new subscriber,view or like. And I really appreciate that.

ItsNotAiyla

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've been watching YouTube on and off for years. I didn't get super into the personalities until about a couple years ago. I think it was Shane Dawson that started it for me. He was the first one I followed consistently and I found myself eventually watching any new thing he would post. Over time I started following more and more YouTubers.

I have lacked at finding any sort of career path in my life. I basically quit anything I do. I always thought I could do what the youtubers did, but never thought to actually DO it. One day I was watching a video by Amber Scholl where she had reached 1m subs. She cried and told about how a year ago she thought she was a failure and she had like 4 jobs to get by. She made the choice to throw herself into youtube. Her quote that got her through it all was, "What if it doesn't come true? Ah, but what if it does!" I live by this now. Every time I have doubt I think of this quote.

After that I made the choice to just do it.

Why do I do YouTube?

Well, I love it so much that I couldn't dream of quitting. It combines everything I love. Creativity, writing, performing, community. I was made for this.

Show Stephanie

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I've been watching YouTube on and off for years. I didn't get super into the personalities until about a couple years ago. I think it was Shane Dawson that started it for me. He was the first one I followed consistently and I found myself eventually watching any new thing he would post. Over time I started following more and more YouTubers.

I have lacked at finding any sort of career path in my life. I basically quit anything I do. I always thought I could do what the youtubers did, but never thought to actually DO it. One day I was watching a video by Amber Scholl where she had reached 1m subs. She cried and told about how a year ago she thought she was a failure and she had like 4 jobs to get by. She made the choice to throw herself into youtube. Her quote that got her through it all was, "What if it doesn't come true? Ah, but what if it does!" I live by this now. Every time I have doubt I think of this quote.

After that I made the choice to just do it.

Why do I do YouTube?

Well, I love it so much that I couldn't dream of quitting. It combines everything I love. Creativity, writing, performing, community. I was made for this.
I really love that, and that quote. I think there are points where u feel like ur not getting anywhere and then when u think about it if you have to quit ur almost guaranteeing that u wont get anywhere. You just have to keep pushing forward :)

Reactions: ItsNotAiyla

ItsNotAiyla

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I really love that, and that quote. I think there are points where u feel like ur not getting anywhere and then when u think about it if you have to quit ur almost guaranteeing that u wont get anywhere. You just have to keep pushing forward :)
Exactly! Baby steps are still steps forward

King Fansuri

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger
Hey there!!
I owned a small youtube channel that have roughly about 100 views per vids and 350 subscribers. I do vlogs, music covers and remixes on my channel but my main focus is on my Vlogging content.
What my goal is:
I grew up in a smallest country in the world and people with incredible talents on anything doesn't get recognise by the locals nor the world because the culture here is hard to be a 'famous social media influencer'

Last edited by a moderator:

Born4Comedy

Reaction score
I started youtube about 2 years ago, but started taking it seriously after watching CoryxKenshin. Although he's a gamer and I'm a comedian, the way he manages to bring millions of people together and make them laugh whilst doing what he loves really inspired me. So recently I've been uploading more often and been looking around for suggestions for new ideas of what people wanna see. Because my channel revolves around weird, wacky and crazy comedy content. So i'm pretty much down for most things. So I'd really like to get talking with you guys and hopefully build a tight bond with you. I really hope you will enjoy my content. If there's anything you want to see. Just let me know in the comment section of my videos. I usually reply the same day. LOVE, RESPECT AND MANY MORE LAUGHS FOR YOU ALL.

Johnny Nongamer

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have been inspired by StopDrop&Retro, Kim Justice and TechMoan.

At first, it was to review games from IndieBox before that subscription service ended.

And that evolved after watching Kim Justice's piece on Peter Molyneux.

My focus is now on finding interesting stories behind the people who made these games. To tell a cool story about the developers and programmers in the indie game industry.

Thats why I YouTube...to tell a good story.

Reactions: Emerrias