How did you start?

• Total voters

RetroMania

RetroMania
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I do youtube (well I just started tho) because I want to share what I love doing, and it's such an epic feeling when you do something other people enjoy watching :)

Reaction score
I do YouTube because I obviously wanna become famous and make money out of it. It’s also a big form of escapism from my depressing real life.

Matthew Toma

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I play a lot of video games so I decided, if I play why not make videos? Make something out of it, don’t just play the games... I’m a very competitive player so I always try to do my best, so I like to show off my skill in videos.

MrYorkiesWorld

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
When I first started YouTube in 2010 on my old channel, it was because I saw the Fred! videos by Lucas Cruikshank. They inspired me to create my own comedy videos. I started by messing around with an old camcorder and a makeshift lapel mic I made, and I was off! From there I sort of got bored over time, and as time passed on I found myself swayed more towards gaming videos, and so I started a gaming channel.

Shortly after this in 2014, I was inspired by another YouTuber doing flight simulation videos, which inspired me because I loved planes and technology. So there I was again, I started making flight sim videos, and that's what I've been doing right up until now. I've once again decided to change and do short tutorials as well as gaming videos, but I think in all honesty I'll still be doing Flight Sim content too - who knows!

As you can tell, my YouTube journey has been full of different types of inspiration, and I'm still going strong to this day even after several changes and breaks. I think it's my love for technology which makes me ultimately make YouTube videos and inspires me to carry on.

FinTheHobbit

Enjoying my marvelous misadventure :)
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger
I've always been a fan of documenting stuff down either it'll be writing, photography or home videos.. and as a film maker, I see doing youtube mini episode vlog things I can expand myself hopefully educate others whilst I'm doing it.

Stevdan

Reaction score
I like to see if I can do what other people do. it's kind of small challenge for me

Bastian Amaro

Reaction score
I’ve just started my YouTube channel and I’m doing it because it is something that make me happy and also because I can progress in my music :)

Isthisawalrus

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I make YouTube videos because I can. :p

But seriously, I don't do it for the views and subscribers. I do it for my own enjoyment.

Dice Rollen

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Let's see if I can't keep this as short as possible :p
Back when Youtube was still pretty new I ran across it & discovered some Youtubers such as Dan & Phil. The concept of someone sitting in their room & talking to a camera & being able to connect with people was amazing to me. That was the first little spark I got for the idea of starting my own channel. But at the same time I was absolutely terrified of being in front of a camera & couldn't find anything interesting about myself or that I could do in videos. Shortly after that I found The Nostalgia Critic & again the thought of doing Youtube was kind of poked at in my mind. Again self consciousness prevented any attempts at it.

Fast forward to 2014 when I'd watched many other Youtubers(like grav3yardgirl & such) & I still had the mild interest in starting a channel "on the back burner". My brother showed me a video from this guy called Markiplier. At the time I had no concept of what let's plays were & I didn't understand what the hell was going. But I still found him entertaining so I watched more of his videos & subscribed to him. At some point I watched a vlog of his where(as always) he was encouraging his audience to do whatever it was that they really wanted to do. Because of that I literally created my channel that night & started making videos. I had absolutely no direction or idea of what niche I wanted to be making videos for but I just kept making them.

Three years later & with a pretty firm direction for my channel & myself as a creator I can tell you exactly why I do Youtube. I do it because not only do I enjoy making videos, but because I love making people laugh & entertaining them in one way or another. How I know I've done a good job with a video is when there are comments telling me that I made that person fall out of their chair or laugh so hard that they started crying. Aside from that I also thoroughly enjoy expressing myself & being able to connect with people who like the same sort of things I do. :biggrin: