Famebit
  1. Join the largest paid sponsorship network. No contracts, no gimmicks, get paid quick. New sponsorships are added daily. Join at famebit.com

Dismiss Notice

Why Do You Youtube?

Discussion in 'YouTube Chat, Gossip & Help' started by Cinnamon Sweet Shoppe, Oct 15, 2015.

?

How did you start?

1. inspired by a youtuber

53.2%
  2. inspired by family and friends

7.4%
  3. started as a hobby

57.4%
  4. other

13.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. TYTD
    I've Got It
    Cash:
    $66
    Well; sort of longish story. Basically I love awful movies, not genuinely terrible bad films...but what I call "Good/bad" films...those movies that are so awful they're perfect...I genuinely believe its an art unto itself to make a film that categorically fails so hard that it becomes an instant success...you cant just make one of those...it has to come from a place of genuine passion and determination...

But I digress. basically one day I saw a "good/bad" film I was really interested in watching so naturally looking to learn more I went to youtube...and found absolutely nothing about it. No reviews, no clips not even a trailer. and It blew my mind that in the 13 years that Youtubes been going that noone had considered doing anything about this film...so a few months go by and I find another film im interested in... and it happens again...sort of...this time there were 2 videos online about the film I was looking for but 1 of them was a live streamed hour and a half long drunken ramble that didnt go anywhere and the other used 140p video, ran to about a minute and a half and was for the most part Inaudible. the final straw really came because of "Halloween 3" of all things...basically it had come out on DVD in the UK in 2002 and was absolutely awful quality, and while the US had had 2 brilliant Bluray releases the UK hadnt (And still hasnt) even had 1...so I wanted to see if the US disc would play on my UK player...and I couldnt find anything on it...so I had to order it on a gamble but that set the wheel turning...not just to talk about films that had no presence on youtube but to cover the films that were only represented by incredibly poor quality clips or videos...

And long story shot thats really how I ended up making the stuff I make :)

Tobes and Dutchie in England like this.
  2. NathanSghettios
    Well, that's the question isn't it! Lol, I started because I was inspired by a particular Youtuber who liked to make videos telling people to follow their dreams, etc. "You can do it, I believe you." Decided to give it a shot, I know I was awkward at first just like everyone else but as time went on I started enjoying it more and more. Now I feel like I've gotten pretty good at it, and I keep doing it because I love it. Nothing more.

3. menix
    Cash:
    $9
    I've inspired my youtube channel from Vocku100.
    I loved how he makes videos and hes contact and I knew I can do something like that.
    No copy hes style, but making interesting videos for people other then just hearing me talking while playing a game.

4. Rohan Kadakia
    Cash:
    $0
    I do YouTube because I love drawing and want to share it with the world!

Check out my channel, any feedback is appreciated :)

Channel Name: SQUIGLEZ

5. HearingMind
    Cash:
    $23
    Inspired by trap nation. i like how he shout out new producer's music into his channel and get them some recognition. i find that great.

6. Darren Taylor
    Cash:
    $12
    I started my channel 7 weeks ago because I really think it will add value to anybody doing marketing. I really want to help people get more from their efforts. I also love presenting and learning how to sound good on camera. And also, find learning any new social media platform exciting!

7. matchawapple
    Cash:
    $5
    I think it's just really fun! Video editing and watching myself is embarassing haha but it really helps with boosting your confidence as well!