How did you start?

• Total voters
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I started my youtube channel for the following reasons:

1. Just love making videos
2. I love adventure and I have a family now so I want to show other families that is still possible to have adventures
3. To push myself to get better everyday at making videos

Lisa McKown

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I'm actually using it to help me loose weight. My channel is about weight loss and documenting my weight loss journey in a vlog style. It helps me stay accountable and keep moving towards my goal everyday. If it wasn't for my vlog and the people who support me watching it .. I'd probably be eating a big bowl of ice cream right now LOL

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Hi,
I'm a new member! And this is my first post))
Welcome, make a proper introduction in the "Introduce yourself" part of the forum! This is the part where you tell us why you went into youtube!
I might have answered this topic before, but I started youtube because I wanted to talk about my experiences of my traveling, and show where I have been![DOUBLEPOST=1506715137,1506715089][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hi,
I'm a new member! And this is my first post))
Welcome, make a proper introduction in the "Introduce yourself" part of the forum! This is the part where you tell us why you went into youtube!
I might have answered this topic before, but I started youtube because I wanted to talk about my experiences of my traveling, and show where I have been!

Spuntillian

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I do Youtube because i came to the realization after a revue i did with a bunch of people like 7 months ago being the only person standing there in an act making the whole crowd laugh... i wanted to entertain people, thats why i jumped to Youtube and started uploading there, only having 6 subscribers and posting videos where i have a standard of 12-15 views per vid, ONLY those few who actually watch my content and comment nice and motivating things makes my soul frickin' fired up and gives me an amazing feeling, and also because i really enjoy making my videos in general. That is why i do Youtube

sshers1

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I do youtube because it's fun, no stress, freedom and it also helps you to improve your confidence as well.

unevenflaps

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I make videos because of the fun that i have gaming with friends and having something that we can all have as a reference to laugh at stuff that we have done, also it is a source of pride for me that i even know as a much as i know about editing and i find it really satisfying finishing a video and seeing it take shape, i imagine for most of us youtube can be a source of confidence and pride, having something that is yours that you choose to do on your terms about something you genuinely enjoy and seeing your content improve whilst improving as a person

TYTD

If it's radioactive, Its on TYTD
Reaction score
Website
tytdreviews.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
Well; sort of longish story. Basically I love awful movies, not genuinely terrible bad films...but what I call "Good/bad" films...those movies that are so awful they're perfect...I genuinely believe its an art unto itself to make a film that categorically fails so hard that it becomes an instant success...you cant just make one of those...it has to come from a place of genuine passion and determination...

But I digress. basically one day I saw a "good/bad" film I was really interested in watching so naturally looking to learn more I went to youtube...and found absolutely nothing about it. No reviews, no clips not even a trailer. and It blew my mind that in the 13 years that Youtubes been going that noone had considered doing anything about this film...so a few months go by and I find another film im interested in... and it happens again...sort of...this time there were 2 videos online about the film I was looking for but 1 of them was a live streamed hour and a half long drunken ramble that didnt go anywhere and the other used 140p video, ran to about a minute and a half and was for the most part Inaudible. the final straw really came because of "Halloween 3" of all things...basically it had come out on DVD in the UK in 2002 and was absolutely awful quality, and while the US had had 2 brilliant Bluray releases the UK hadnt (And still hasnt) even had 1...so I wanted to see if the US disc would play on my UK player...and I couldnt find anything on it...so I had to order it on a gamble but that set the wheel turning...not just to talk about films that had no presence on youtube but to cover the films that were only represented by incredibly poor quality clips or videos...

And long story shot thats really how I ended up making the stuff I make :)