How did you start?

• Total voters

Brittneytaylorwg

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I do Youtube because...
I do YouTube because it gives me confidence like no other, because it keeps me motivated to stay alive, because it helps me get through all my current and past, and probable future. YouTube helps me keep pushing through my OCD, ADHD, anxiety, and recently helped me get over my selective mutism in January, though I still have the struggles with it from time to time, still. YouTube makes me feel accepted in this world of chaos and makes me feel unique in a good way! YouTube is so powerful and I love knowing that I could possibly change someones life for the better even if they live accross the world. That is why I do YouTube.

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I do YouTube for many reasons, I enjoy making people laugh and I want to help people who are having bad cheer up. I do it because I like the creative process of making them and writing script and just being creative. I do it because I've always enjoyed acting, I've been in several acting classes and drama club as well as singing i was in the school choir i was in musical theater and I've been in several plays and musicals! YouTube is way to Contenue doing acting and a way to share my songs that I wrote, I haven't been able to share my music with world yet but hopefully one day I will beabke to put it on YouTube for everyone to hear. I also was inspired by the YouTuber Shane dawnson, when I was in school I was bullied and I really didn't like going to school so I would watch Shane dawnson videos in the middle of study hall and after school Shane's videos always cheered me up!

Derrick Toys

Happy Kids Happy Life!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
We started our family channel to challenge our kids. They love watching other kids YouTube channels so we invited them to make their own instead of just watching others. Now we are hoping that we can grow this into something bigger. Seems like it will be a long journey though.

This may be the case for many families starting, well mine atleast lol Our kids love watching videos and we said..hey, let's try it! Family time is what we do everyday so this has been a fun challenge to get creative. The best is having video memories to look back laughing how silly we were. Often I catch myself watching our first videos and missing how young my son was with his cute little toddler voice lol I sometimes forget we are recording and will get really into it.. then during editing I'm like wow I act more like a kid then they do haha It's fun to let your silly side out and not be an adult for a little while :)

The competition is high (the expense on toys can be too) so it's all about finding what you enjoy doing together and if that is what your viewers enjoy. Eventually you'll find your place best of luck!

The Matt Diaries

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I started my channel because I like to entertain and make people laugh. It's something I've been thinking of doing for a while and finally gave myself a push to do it.

fatisis

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I do youtube because I like to express myself through music and share it with my family, friends and the world. I currently do covers on youtube but I want someday to upload my own music. I like getting feedback (good or bad) because that's what's making us better, right?
Overall, I do youtube because in the future I want to look back on the videos I've created and feel that I had accomplished something through the years and see my progress in each video!

17fthigh

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I actually created my channel recently and the reason of it was that I couldn't find any channels that contains the exact music I like listening to. So I decided to create my own music channel since I've always liked to discover and search music that haven't been heard before. I do feel pleasure from that I can share with it!

blastofcitrus

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I do it for a few reasons:

1 - To help fellow gamers through walkthroughs - my most popular video has 28k views and probably because parts of the video may be where people get stuck if they play the game themselves :p
2 - Potentially a second source of income if my channel takes off
3 - I've made some friends and connections along the way - occasionally do collabs!
4 - Most importantly, I have a passion for it, I love making videos of something that I love doing! :)

ShaunM

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I have had a few minor channels in the past, but the one I am planning for next year is due to wanting a creative outlet as well as be able to share knowledge. I have a blog but I have lost count of the number of times people have asked me for the content in video format.

If a picture paints a thousand words I guess a video paints a million.

ryanbromm

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
bc I like making people laugh and making myself laugh

Reaction score
I do it because I'm trying to help people who struggle financially. For now I have only one video, but I will make more soon.