How did you start?

• Total voters

alexmanzano

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I like basketball and making/editing videos is pretty fun. And don't forget about the potential YouTube money!!;);)

ThaKidFacts

Reaction score
Well TBH I Wanna Know What Made Everybody Be A Youtuber? Because I Started From The Love And Joy. But My Friends Said They Started For The Money. So What's Y'all Reason???

KoziOnPc

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I like recording things and seeing what i can do with it.Also the ability to make friends with people that like the same things as you and enjoy doing the same things as you

JayPlaysOfficial

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
probably when i made my very first Mw3 montage like 5-6 years ago, i was so fascinated with what i created, especially when i made the montage on the PS3 :D

FleXiNaToR

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
The reason I do youtube is because I enjoy making videos and making quality content.
I also LOVE to make people happy because my Channel is a very comedic channel.
For me Happiness is key and if it takes me to make Youtube videos just to put a smile on someones face
then I will never stop maikng videos!

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I have been on youtube making different videos since I was 10 years old. I have done reviews for airsoft guns, made music and ran a vlog of me exploring places like the MN State Fair and St Paul, MN. Back then my videos were edited poorly and didn't have good shots or anything but the content was ok not to my standards though. I tried and tried to gain subscribers, but I was unable to because I couldn't find the patience to upload consistently. I was young and naive back then and didn't realize that uploading consistently was one of the best ways to grow my channel.

When I grew tired of vlogging and creating airsoft videos, after realizing my content was not that good, I thought to myself, 'what is something I really enjoy that I could possibly make videos on?'. I then went on my computer and started writing down ideas. 'gaming is a thing i really enjoy' I thought again and being a part of a gaming community at that time, ( the name of the community was Trouble Makers Gaming or TMG and my cousin got me into it when i was 14, I was 16 at the time') I knew i could market my channel to the community so I did just that.

I had a low quality editor called windows movie maker at the time, (I couldn't afford adobe premier) so my content wasn't very good but i created videos anyway. I showed the videos to my friends and they said they were good too but as time went on, I never got very many views and my sub count stayed at a mere 15. I gave up for a while after that thinking I would never be able to make it as a youtuber and ended up not creating videos until I was 18 and in college.

Reading my profile description on here you guys probably know I go to the University of North Dakota. I didn't really know what to major in so i switched majors alot and eventually chose to major in Communications. I know that sounds like i chose it because I was lazy but that was not the case. I chose it because I thought maybe this major could help me succeed on youtube. I then also chose to minor in Graphic Design as well so I could learn to design my own channel art and thumbnails. After that I took a break again until recently a vlogger named Logan Paul inspired me to post videos again.

He said that anyone can get lots of subscribers on youtube you just need to put in the work. It was him and Pewdepie that really inspired me to build my channel again and i would like to thank them for the inspiration. This is just a summary of the road I took to get where I am today a quote by Emma Watson that I live by explains my life right now. "I don't want other people to decide who I am I want to decide for myself"- Emma Watson, people said I wouldn't be able to succeed and I think my channel proves them wrong.

I created my channel to inspire people to try there best even when they think they are going to fail. I want people to watch my videos and get a good laugh if they are having a bad day. I want people who are feeling depressed to have a smile on their face when they are done watching one of my lets plays.

I think its sad that most of the comments on the big channels are people begging for subs. We can be the change, we are the future, soon the big channels will die out and we will be the ones on top. I want to decide for myself who I want to be and you all should too. Do you want to be a big youtuber then do it! follow your dreams because one day when your old and dying you will look back and regret never trying. I have watched and read about so many people on their death bed wishing they had done something more with their lives and I don't want to become those people. I don't want any of you too either. I will follow my passion in gaming and you all should too!! and if your ever feeling down listen to the disney song 'When you wish upon a star' its the only song that can make me cry because its lyrics are so true. Follow what your heart truely desires and all your wishes will come true!

Last edited by a moderator:

sshers1

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I am still doing youtube because i am passionate about gaming

YoungWildMe3

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
We started our family channel to challenge our kids. They love watching other kids YouTube channels so we invited them to make their own instead of just watching others. Now we are hoping that we can grow this into something bigger. Seems like it will be a long journey though.