How did you start?

• Total voters

lilmoogz

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
We started YouTube as a place to put our baby's videos to share with friends and family. If we wind up being successful in the process, that's just a cherry on top!

Eazy Shot

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I do youtube because I love editing videos and youtube has given me an outlet to express my creativity. Also my addiction for video games is now being put to a much better use. I have been able to connect with so many different people from all over the world. I also love getting positive feedback from all my viewers and love the bond I've been able to build with so many people.

maarcnig

itsLIT!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I mainly started to store the memories I've taken on my phone. I'm the type of guy to take videos rather than pictures. I'd rather have live footage rather than a simple picture, though a picture is still ok.

Also just like what everybody said: to entertain people. In addition to this... to help people through tips and advice.

TheGameGateway

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
When I record videos with friends I just forgot that I even pressed the record button and then I've got a good memory of when me a couple mates were messing about on a game. I edit and upload it in the hopes that other people will find it as funny as we do.

The Dinky Gamer

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I do YouTube because I needed something to give me some sort of self accomplishment. Other than a busy work schedule during the week and my kids, I really didn't have anything else going on and sadly I don't live in a place to do some of my hobbies like woodworking or mechanics. I love watching my favorite YouTuber's videos so I asked myself "maybe I should give it a shot". Ever since then I've been hooked, though I'm still quite new to this.

Reo Lazaro

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
For me, it was a combination of several things. The first one is I want to be a writer, but I have been finding it difficult recently as I enjoy writing but see it as both work and a hobby. I felt like I needed another hobby, which had a bit less pressure to it, but where I could also be creative. Doing game discussion allowed me to develop my critical analysis, and writing skills, while just having a good time doing it. I was also inspired by YouTubers like Games as Literature, MatthewMatosis and Noah Caldwell-Gervais who I thoroughly enjoy watching. I have loved the journey so far. It has given me more than I hoped for.

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I was inspired by a youtuber to make a little extra money and it was a hobby. I was a home mechanic working on my own cars and filmed myself doing it to help others. During this early time is when I started to branch out and find other niches. I would love for it to be a full time job but I feel the risks too great so shall just keep it as a money making hobby.