How did you start?

• Total voters

mbherdman

Reaction score
For me it was a way to channel my creativity and be somewhat social. Talking to the camera gives me the feeling of talking to a friend, which has helped me battle some stuff I was dealing with. Now I enjoy the creative process.[DOUBLEPOST=1484695134,1484695075][/DOUBLEPOST]
YES!!!! I didn't want to sound crazy, but it gets very addictive hehe ;)

Thats so awesome!!!! It's therapeutic in so many ways.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm an artist.. a self taught artist who wants a huge audience for art. I have a good fan base on a few social media platforms but I started a YouTube channel for my Art recently so that people can now see how I draw those realistic pictures and I would also teach others by uploading tutorials.:)

renaealisha8

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
New to youtube and I'm doing it because I've wanted to for so long and I finally built up the courage to just film. I'm so excited to start my journey. I feel a burst of energy and confidence since posting my first video and I can't wait to post another video.

AhrinYT

Reaction score
YouTube.. Hmm.. YouTube really just seemed like such a big opportunity for me. You see all these great people on YouTube and you start watching day after day... Sooner or later, everyone wants to try and become just like their role models, famous, happy, and living the fantasy life that we usually don't see behind their jobs. But once I realized how hard YouTube was, I quickly dropped out and lost confidence before regaining it recently. If I don't try, then when will I ever try? Doing YT isn't just a hobby, I think it's also part of who I am ^-^

Matthew Autry

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I do youtube because I enjoy it. its not a job bc I am not big enough, but I like the idea that eventually I could be entertainment for someone, or my videos could help someone. I was inspired by youtubers that have done that for me, and I want to give back.

Heather White

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I started YouTube because I wanted to be a part of the fitness and health industry and be able to reach a large audience.

Dismal Bliss

www.BDRC.tv
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I started my YouTube channel just as a place to upload funny videos that were forwarded to me via email. At a later time, I decided to use it to upload videos of family activities to share with family members who live far away. And then later I decided to start crafting and editing these videos vlog-style and sharing them with the public. Since then I've incorporated some reviews and some pranks. It's a mishmash of everything at the moment.

LIAM LEWIS

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
This question has been asked several times on the forum and I would like to explain my answer in a little bit of detail:

Youtube has changed me. Before I began my channel early this year, I was an extremely camera shy person with a big inferiority complex. I was convinced to do this by another Youtuber who makes really good vlogs and is extremely comfortable in front of the camera. Being a Youtube personality really appealed to me and I wanted to give it a try not so much to be rich or famous, but to conquer my insecurities.

It was a big step for me because I didn’t quite know how to begin. I had a camera and a hobby but my biggest problem was, and sometimes still is, how to avoid getting tongue tied when the red light is blinking. My first few videos were awful. So awful that they never made it onto my Youtube channel. The first few videos that I did upload are better but still not great.

As I filmed more and more, the videos got better but I concede they still could use improvement. My very first uploaded video, which is my Homemade Doughnuts was the scariest because I filmed the first part of it in a public place (the gym) with a bunch of people, some I knew, others I didn’t standing around watching me. I planned it out a week in advance and even remembered a brief script in my head. I would recite the script out loud in my car while driving everyday until I got it right. It was a success. It was a huge step in overcoming the awkwardness we all feel about filming in public. I still go back and watch that video because I believe it was a turning point for me.

The biggest change is that the camera shyness is completely gone. In fact, I now love being in front of the camera and willing to do things I would never consider doing in the past such as dancing, wearing NO makeup, and acting like a clown. I can’t see myself not doing this because I’m really having so much fun now.

That is why I Youtube
I was bored, i had no friends, i was depressed...it gave me an outlet and a hobby and ive fallen in love with it!

DNG

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer
The money and fame... only joking. I just randomly posted a video onto YTube one day and completely forgot about it. A few months later I stumbled across it again and it had quite a few views. I then posted another to see how many views it would get then another and another and so on. Its a fun hobby, the moment it stops becoming fun I'll find something else.