WHY do you have gaming channels?

CristyTango

I Love YTtalk
With an internet full of gamers, how are you setting yourself apart from the rest? What made you start doing videos? Are you trying to entertain? inform? Do you ever try to appeal to non-gamers? I’m just generally curious I guess.

@Crown @KatyAdelson just tagging you guys in this in case you wanted to lock it. I’m not sure if this will invite promoters, I’m just curious about this and wanted to know more.

I cover games but not exclusively. Actually the game is just a backdrop for a bigger story. For example I talked in one about victory poses in games and how they trace back to a single person who in japan gets credited for inventing it. He later had a one hit wonder song whose title became the word of the year.

This is my style over the let’s play or review style

Gaming has been a big part of my entire life, basically.
I started making gaming let's plays back in 2011 because I got inspired by the likes of MasaeAnela etc.

It also helped me come out of my shell a bit. I was VERY shy and very unenthustiastic the first couple years, but that has gradually improved over time.

But I make gaming videos because I like to make them. I think it's fun to play games, I like to comment over games, and it's like a journal that I can look back at when I feel nostalgic. It also gives me a reason to replay a certain game etc.

Gaming has been a big part of my entire life, basically.
I started making gaming let's plays back in 2011 because I got inspired by the likes of MasaeAnela etc.

It also helped me come out of my shell a bit. I was VERY shy and very unenthustiastic the first couple years, but that has gradually improved over time.

But I make gaming videos because I like to make them. I think it's fun to play games, I like to comment over games, and it's like a journal that I can look back at when I feel nostalgic. It also gives me a reason to replay a certain game etc.
So true, really helps some people find their voice on the platform and IRL.

Same reason as everyone else who does youtube. Because we enjoy it. I think my personality sticks out nicely and my subscriber/views seems to be showing thats the truth. Obviously a gaming channel takes a lot of work and you really have to make yourself stand out there but it does work if you put enough time into it and you're funny enough (or good enough.)

I just want to be clear if I wasn’t- I am not judging or trying to insult anyone. You always hear performers tell you why they got into it whether it be because they like making people laugh, or want to teach a lesson, or want to make people feel something, but I don’t really hear that from people who do gaming videos so most people unfairly assume that a lot of gamers are trying to make a quick buck because it’s worked for other people. So I wanted to know the Real story.

Because i play too many games and i needed a way to make a profit out of it and look for a way to make my time more useful while playing games.

Back