Why do some people say Macs are better for editing?

Titus

Guy who makes videos
Reaction score
You lost me after Ferrari. Never heard of any of it. And golden Ferraris are not good examples. Ferraris are already expensive. You buy them because they look good and drive fast.
How about this example, buying a expensive golden watch which does the exact same as a ordinary cheap watch but you can show it off.

Except in relative price pcs are better because apple are the only makers of IMacs so they can charge what they like because the apple brand has developed a status as being stylish.
whereas pc are made by many companies who have to compete and undercut eachother with prices.

Ps I have a mac and love it but there is basically no denying over does more for less generally.(hardware wise)

Reactions: Ukraine Arsenal

Thrashbat

Thrashimation's Favorite Bat!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Musician, Comedian, Animator
I use a Mac. That's about all I have to say on this subject lol :)

IftiBashir

Undiscovered....
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I love my Macs. Im completely Mac at home now - a Mac Mini server, a MacBook Air for portable use, a MacBook Pro retina for editing on, a iPad for the kids, and a iPhone as well! Everything just works seamlessly with each other - the ease of setup and use in incredible.

However, I wouldnt touch a Mac at work - I work wit large scale computer networks and when it comes to networking, Windows is king, and always will be king.

When it comes to editing, I find it so, SO, much easier on a MAC. I started with iMovie and moved to Final Cut Pro X. I wouldnt want to try anything else. Everything just runs so smoothly. I started with Windows initially, and found it crashed and caused problems far too much (granted, could have just been my setup), but Ive never had any issues editing on a MAC. Its as though the Mac was built for editing in the first instance.

Kleineganz

Opinionated Vlogger and Gamer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Gamer
I love my Macs. Im completely Mac at home now - a Mac Mini server, a MacBook Air for portable use, a MacBook Pro retina for editing on, a iPad for the kids, and a iPhone as well! Everything just works seamlessly with each other - the ease of setup and use in incredible.

However, I wouldnt touch a Mac at work - I work wit large scale computer networks and when it comes to networking, Windows is king, and always will be king.

When it comes to editing, I find it so, SO, much easier on a MAC. I started with iMovie and moved to Final Cut Pro X. I wouldnt want to try anything else. Everything just runs so smoothly. I started with Windows initially, and found it crashed and caused problems far too much (granted, could have just been my setup), but Ive never had any issues editing on a MAC. Its as though the Mac was built for editing in the first instance.

How about Linux for networks? I know I only ever do Linux for servers and web hosting, and Windows for everything else.

IftiBashir

Undiscovered....
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
How about Linux for networks? I know I only ever do Linux for servers and web hosting, and Windows for everything else.
Linux also works! Although all of my clients are using Windows networks so havent really had a chance to mess with Linux in too much depth......yet....!

Shoogawoogapop

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Its because you when you buy an Apple product your buying into a higher grade of components. You can build a PC with the same level of quality in components and it'll set you back about the same price. So its kind of a misconception that Mac's are just better. Most of what you have to compare it to is your everyday $500 windows based PC. I have the privilege of having access to both Mac and PC. I don't notice any performance differences between the 2 systems.

SlenderMan

I'M WATCHING YOU
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Gamer, Commentator, Designer, Other
I think Mac is perfect for editing. You should check out this Youtube channel. They made amazing edit on their videos.
  1. Freddiew
  2. FinalCutKing
  3. CorridorDigital

J.rizzo091

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
they aren't exactly superior. i use one. i used to use fcp to edit which is a mac exclusive but i moved on to the adobe suite. which runs on both. i guess it really just boils down to what you like the use because the os is very different for eachother

Reactions: Kleineganz

Kleineganz

Opinionated Vlogger and Gamer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Gamer
I think Mac is perfect for editing. You should check out this Youtube channel. They made amazing edit on their videos.
  1. Freddiew
  2. FinalCutKing
  3. CorridorDigital
Yeah and everything they did on a Mac, can easily be done on a PC now too.