Why do some people hide subscriber count?

TheBossman

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Ranter, Gamer, Reviewer
So I have come across a few channels that hide how many subscribers they have. Why do people do this? Do you do this? If so why?

I am not judging anyone who does, I just do not understand why they do and not knowing things bugs the life out of me.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I hide my subscriber count. The simple reason is I don't want people to judge me on my subscriber count. Most people, if they go on two identical channels, one with 10 subs the other with 1,000, they would be more likely to subscribe to the 1,000 channel. That's why I hide mine. I will probably show my subscriber count at some point, but for now it is remaining hidden. :)

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
embarrassment
I feel that is the main one. You're on point!

I never did. It showed 0, then 10 then 100 then 1000 and now 2500. I am who I am and if you want to measure me by my subscriber count go right ahead. People that hide their subscriber count are afraid they aren't going to get subscribed to or as Moses Cheeks mentioned... embarrassment. Well, newsflash. Your video views will still tell the whole story. And unless they are 100K for quite a few videos people will still not subscribe. Your content makes people subscribe first, and once you hit higher subscriber numbers you'll get some subscribers that subscribe for the herd mentality.

ilikepstrophies

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If you really want to know a channel's subscriber that is hidden just use a live subscriber counter like colleen's cuber or another, boom not hidden anymore.

ChrisLegend

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I always thought a lot of people had it hidden by accident haha but it seems like that's not the case

Jawad Soomro

I'm a Human!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
Because they don't want others to know about their lower subs. Some people wait to hit the higher subs, then they show up their sub count. They just want to be proud of their channel growth.

Tyhd

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Because they don't want others to know about their lower subs. Some people wait to hit the higher subs, then they show up their sub count. They just want to be proud of their channel growth.
Well some channels that had over 2+ million have hidden theirs

If you really want to know a channel's subscriber that is hidden just use a live subscriber counter like colleen's cuber or another, boom not hidden anymore.
Thats not how it works