Why do some of my videos get a significantly lower view count than others?

ZaFox

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I upload gaming videos, I normally get around 60-70 views per video but my recent video only got 20-30 views in the past 48 hours. Please help I am not sure how to boost my views or what has happened to my channel.

DangerNuggett

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian, Gamer, Commentator
It looks like you only have 4 videos up so the 60-70 views per video might just be an abnormality. Usually for smaller channels, you will be getting almost all of your views through your subscribers or people directly searching for you so it's not rare for views to fluctuate a fair bit.

ZaFox

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
It looks like you only have 4 videos up so the 60-70 views per video might just be an abnormality. Usually for smaller channels, you will be getting almost all of your views through your subscribers or people directly searching for you so it's not rare for views to fluctuate a fair bit.
Thanks for the information, glad to know that I’m not doing anything wrong!

MindfulInquirer

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
dude you've got to share that stuff around. It's hard work, especially in the beginning.

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
You can't make assumptions of norms from a random 4 videos. You gotta upload more and get more experience to learn from. You can't predict the algorithm either. The best you can do is influence your seo as much as possible by learning how. Even then you can do the same thing as on a successful video and not get the same result. Sometimes some things in life are just out of reach.. like that tiny ball they put into beers cans that you cant get!

NickDodd

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger, Other
I'll confirm what the other posts are saying;

Engagement, engagement, engagement!

I spent a lot of time in the summer trying to crack 150 subs by using twitter and following a ton of people, then messaging those who followed back, with a friendly "hey I'm a new YouTuber trying to grow my channel, it would be super awesome if you checked it out and maybe subscribed!" sort of message...

My videos spiked, likes spiked, comments were through the roof and I gained a lot of real subscribers...

Now, in my last few videos since the summer I haven't been doing that so much and my views, likes and comments have reflected that.... Also my subs haven't budged a bit.

nickdodd.ca | NickDoddTV | twitter | instagram | YouTube

MindfulInquirer

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
just curious: how does one use Twitter to his advantage as being a YT newbie ? Don't you have to spam like crazy, and do twitterers care ? I gave it a shot, heck I'm trying literally every possible platform that could help, but it's brutal when you're starting out, even if you're promoting hard and 'cleverly'.

NickDodd

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Follow other YouTubers, follow "small YouTubers" pages, follow youtubers promo pages, follow the people that follow those pages, tweet about making videos, tweet about your new video being out, tweet in RT threads, DM people who follow you back and politely tell them about you being a new YouTuber and maybe a link to your latest video with a nice ask for them to check it out... the list goes on etc, wtc.

Reactions: MindfulInquirer

DangerNuggett

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian, Gamer, Commentator
Follow other YouTubers, follow "small YouTubers" pages, follow youtubers promo pages, follow the people that follow those pages, tweet about making videos, tweet about your new video being out, tweet in RT threads, DM people who follow you back and politely tell them about you being a new YouTuber and maybe a link to your latest video with a nice ask for them to check it out... the list goes on etc, wtc.

Any youtuber promo pages you would recommend?

NickDodd

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Any youtuber promo pages you would recommend?
There's a lot, you really have to find them too... I use ones @youtubecommuni3 @meetnewyoutube @youtubepromo8 @theytforum (is that us? Lol) @smallytpromoter ....etc, etc,