Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael Carlyle

The Active Member!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Reviewer
Why Do People Dislike Videos?
I never dislike video's even if I don't like the video or person that has made it. I believe that if you dislike a video then your putting the person down who made it...I mean, I hate it when I someone dislikes my videos, it makes me feel sad. :(

So if your not going to encourage people or say something nice, then don't say/or do anything.

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think theres all kinds of reasons, sometimes they genuinely dont like a video and use that to express it but I think the vast majority of the times especially when you receive a large amount of them suddenly it is because theyre trying to make you appear unliked, perhaps theyre jealous, maybe theyve had a bad day or theyre a troll. It is almost impossible to know why sadly. This is why I prefer comments.

Th3StuffShow

YTtalk Monster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
There are videos on YouTube that deserve dislikes.

I dislike misleading videos, and videos that are clearly made to upset you or offend you. There have also been times where the Youtuber himself uses the like and dislike as a form of voting systems.

Reactions: Michael and Vicboss

VlogRays

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I only dislike when a video really deserves it. But honestly I must have hit the dislike button maybe 10 times the whole time I have been on YouTube. The trolls that hit dislike 10 secs into a video or just because of the title really p**s me off though.

Reactions: Michael and Vicboss

Symph

I'm a dude with a face and I know how to use it.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer
Yeah, I don't dislike videos if I just don't like a style of music, or don't think a joke is funny. I dislike it if the person is being incredibly ignorant, or if the content is unnecessarily offensive.

Reactions: Michael

PixieBlossom

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
The only time Id "dislike" a video is if the content was offensive. Like if someone was being racist or sexist in it or whatever. I never "dislike" just because I didnt enjoy the video and I think those that do are kinda jerks :/

Reactions: Michael

Symph

Reaction score
Channel Type
The only time Id "dislike" a video is if the content was offensive. Like if someone was being racist or sexist in it or whatever. I never "dislike" just because I didnt enjoy the video and I think those that do are kinda jerks :/
Agreed, except that I will also dislike a video if I can tell that the person put no effort into it whatsover, like if they spam me, I check it out, and it's somebody doing another "s**t people say" video and just repeating what others have said or something. Maybe not offensive, but if it's THAT lazy, I will dislike it. Like this one guy titled his video "guy escapes explosion" so of course I'm thinking something real and exciting. Well its a dude standing there and then they ANIMATE a fireball and he runs away in the nick of time before the fake explosion. THAT gets a dislike. And anything of the same type of lazy and misrepresented content. Like some people probably know they are not talented in what they are doing, they just do it and promote it anyway to become "big" on youtube, that gets dislikes from me lol. Like that Rebecca Black video "Friday" I would dislike that video as many times as they would let me, it makes my skin crawl, my bad... maybe I'm a jerk like the poll says hahaha

VlogRays

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Agreed, except that I will also dislike a video if I can tell that the person put no effort into it whatsover, like if they spam me, I check it out, and it's somebody doing another "s**t people say" video and just repeating what others have said or something. Maybe not offensive, but if it's THAT lazy, I will dislike it. Like this one guy titled his video "guy escapes explosion" so of course I'm thinking something real and exciting. Well its a dude standing there and then they ANIMATE a fireball and he runs away in the nick of time before the fake explosion. THAT gets a dislike. And anything of the same type of lazy and misrepresented content. Like some people probably know they are not talented in what they are doing, they just do it and promote it anyway to become "big" on youtube, that gets dislikes from me lol. Like that Rebecca Black video "Friday" I would dislike that video as many times as they would let me, it makes my skin crawl, my bad... maybe I'm a jerk like the poll says hahaha
I'm pretty sure I was sent the same video!!

Symph

Reaction score
Channel Type
I'm pretty sure I was sent the same video!!
I can't remember if I was spammed it or if I stumbled upon it. Oh yeah! It was on this other forum I can't remember the name of... You mean the explosion one right? Yeah it was pretty lame... he should name it "messing around with such and such program" you know? That's like me titling a video "man survives 100 ft fall" Then throwing a dummy off a 100 ft drop, filming myself at the top and then at the bottom, editing it all together and going "see! Just like the title says!" You'd be pretty p****d right? Same thing, heck yeah I'd dislike that crap. The more I think about it the more I realize I really dislike alot of stuff hahahaha....

Status
Not open for further replies.