Why did you stop doing YouTube? What made you start over?

TheAustrianGuys

TeaRoller
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I decided to ressurect my channel, after I was inactive for about one year. TheAustrianGuys was a project I tried out with three of my friends who unfortunately had little to no time to make videos with me, but that was not the reason I stopped making YouTube videos.
I personally think that the reason for my inactivity and the ultimate "rebranding" was that I didn't enjoy editing anymore. The program I was using was not good (slow and not many functions) and I wouldn't get a new software for some reason I don't know.

Now I'm back in business with new gear, new software, fresh ideas and a lot of motivation and it feels awesome! I'm super excited for the future!

But why did you stop making videos respectively what made you start over? And did you start with a new channel or your original one?

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I haven´t restarted or revived my channel yet, so I can´t say anything. But I could only guess that people haven´t got the time for it, didn´t enjoy it as much, or found it harder than expected.
Youtube has is ups and downs, but people gotta keep at it!

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I never stoped making videos I have the same channel I did when I started two years ago, but I see a lot of people on this forum who restarted their channel backup because they didn’t have the time to make videos when they first started making YouTube videos. I wish you the best of luck with your new channel!:)

Reactions: TheAustrianGuys

DIY Reid

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Reviewer
I always go back and forth. I've never stopped making videos, however, I have taken a few months break. I only have 24 videos currently uploaded and just when it seems like I ask myself, why do I even put in the effort I upload a video and get good responses from it and it restores my energy to continue on.

Seansie

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
I stopped for a full 6 months. Mainly due to life (finishing up high school and transitioning to college). However, I did mention in another threat that maybe in reality I actually needed that break and that that break gave me more video ideas and content. More knowledge to share
Now I’m back at it and trying to be as consistent as possible. We’ll see how it goes haha, but I’m happy to be back

MentallyGames

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Other
I stopped making videos and have not returned to it since. It pretty came down to a balance thing where I looked at other things in my life and then looked at what place Youtube had. It was just not worth it, even as a hobby.

I can waste my time, money and effort on tons of hobbies that don't make me deal with all the negative aspects from Youtube (trolls, leaches, try hard competition and so on)
To me, it just made no sense anymore and I have not regretted quitting ever since I pulled the plug on it. I do enjoy casually taking a look on the forums though :)

iGM

That Scottish Guy
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
For me it was a combination of things.

Firstly, I started my gaming channel in 2012. I found success with that, growing up through my teens and developing my skills. However, most of the subjects I could take at high school were only somewhat interesting to me. I knew I wanted to make videos but on a more professional level. So I created a 2nd channel, IGM Productions, back in 2013 but never really used it until 2016(ish) when I went off to college to study Media and Communications.
Since I went off to study (3 years in now) my gaming channel has had less activity mainly due to time constraints. That and I want to focus on growing my 2nd channel. I also do a lot less gaming, again, due to time constraints - so making content for my 1st channel is a challenge now. However I do record gameplays here and there for it and do upload every month or so.

I have started making a video a week on my Productions channel as it is a variety channel and I view it as my own output source (i.e my own TV channel of sorts) where I can run my short films and various series' that I want. An example being my current series I just started 'Fives' (a Top 5 series).

I think it all comes down to time and what people value more. For me, my education was paramount even though YouTube was helping me with that, my education still took up most of my time.

Switchbox

Give me your food
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator, Other
I stopped for 2 months or so from like July - September, because I was burnt out.
And then I got a spark and started uploading again. Now I'm having a burnt out period again. I just need to fix some stuff before I can get the energy needed to record again.

ASMR Amour

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Well when I first made my ASMR channel I kind of was just testing things out a bit is all. Then I recently got more serious about it that is why I stopped and started back up again.

PartyOnBrother

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I switched subjects. I used to just make comedy sketches and it was a lot harder. It was hard finding people that wanted to help out by being in it, and my demand on myself was much higher. I wanted the quality of them to be almost perfect. They had a bigger purpose than just YT.

Now I do videos that still have that comedy sketch aspect to it, but they're consumer product reviews. It's a lot easier for me to shoot, and I know that it's just a matter of consistently producing content while trying to get better each and every time -- rather than aiming for perfect right off the bat.