Why did my videos get disabled? Help!

Jason Ingersoll

ingerock productions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Yah you have not did anything wrong. Sometimes its as simple as the file name itself. I downloaded a video and made the file name something like apple.mov and it got denied for adsense or it froze on under aprove. I deleted it and re uploaded it with file name ingervlog and it worked so it could be as simple as that!

Unknownuser983838

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Yah you have not did anything wrong. Sometimes its as simple as the file name itself. I downloaded a video and made the file name something like apple.mov and it got denied for adsense or it froze on under aprove. I deleted it and re uploaded it with file name ingervlog and it worked so it could be as simple as that!
weird. do you think i should let the video get monetized first, and then give it a title? could they take the ads away if you make some change on your video that doesnt coincide with their qualifications? is it a real person that looks at the video and decides its not qualified or is it just some automated thing where if some sound triggers it, itll get rejected? when i watch the videos with closed captioning, they get what im saying all wrong. if i say "asymmetrical" it thinks i said "mexico". if i said "a lipgloss" it thinks i said "electroflux" or some crap. and one time i just laughed like hahahaha and it said "hamburger".

Symph

I'm a dude with a face and I know how to use it.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer
weird. do you think i should let the video get monetized first, and then give it a title? could they take the ads away if you make some change on your video that doesnt coincide with their qualifications? is it a real person that looks at the video and decides its not qualified or is it just some automated thing where if some sound triggers it, itll get rejected? when i watch the videos with closed captioning, they get what im saying all wrong. if i say "asymmetrical" it thinks i said "mexico". if i said "a lipgloss" it thinks i said "electroflux" or some crap. and one time i just laughed like hahahaha and it said "hamburger".
Name it "monetize this video or I'll punch you in the face" and then private it it until it's monetized....

ForeverAlonePrick

I don't know what's going on.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Yeah, that sucks. What you need to do is upload the video as private, then submit it for monetization while it's still privated. If it goes through, make it public, and it'll go to your subscribers' feeds. If it doesn't go through within, say, 20 minutes, try unmonetizing it and submitting it again. If that fails a few times, try deleting the video and reuploading it with a few minor tweaks, just so it isn't a carbon copy. Then try to monetize it. As for old videos, all you can do is hope they go through, and if they have trouble, try to pull then and resubmit them.

Reactions: retrotulip

Jason Ingersoll

ingerock productions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Lol hamburger I was talking about the actual file name

urbanlamb

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I actually sent a mail to youtube asking them not to give me some form mail reply and to honestly tell me what the reason for refusal of videos it. I have to honestly say I think they have some kind of internal quota. They refuse videos based on number of monitized ones in your account vs non monetized ones. It has nothing to do with your content because their decisions are so all over the place that there is no rhyme or reason in fact I bet you could repackage the same video and have it refused sometimes and accepted other times. I was thinking of using my channel to experiment and then posting the results publicly on some very busy places. I think my results would be that they are just filling a quota and somedays they come by you and your ration of 1:10 or whatever has dropped and so they flip a switch and let you through.

There are a few reasons I say this most royalty free stuff even if it says "non-commercial" that non commerical does not extend to ads just a little tidbit of info. The non-commerical means that you can't sell it on a disk or package it with something your selling outright. It also extends to using the royalty free stuff in things like actualy commercial advertisements. The non commercial attribution generally is okay for what we do with it . However youtube is doing something bizarre and I am sure there is some reason unbenownst to us all. At the bottom of it though is the fact that well half the work is being done by computers and not people.

I doubt they will ever answer my email because it means I am asking them to stop cutting and pasting and give me a logical answer :)

Unknownuser983838

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
I actually sent a mail to youtube asking them not to give me some form mail reply and to honestly tell me what the reason for refusal of videos it. I have to honestly say I think they have some kind of internal quota. They refuse videos based on number of monitized ones in your account vs non monetized ones. It has nothing to do with your content because their decisions are so all over the place that there is no rhyme or reason in fact I bet you could repackage the same video and have it refused sometimes and accepted other times. I was thinking of using my channel to experiment and then posting the results publicly on some very busy places. I think my results would be that they are just filling a quota and somedays they come by you and your ration of 1:10 or whatever has dropped and so they flip a switch and let you through.

There are a few reasons I say this most royalty free stuff even if it says "non-commercial" that non commerical does not extend to ads just a little tidbit of info. The non-commerical means that you can't sell it on a disk or package it with something your selling outright. It also extends to using the royalty free stuff in things like actualy commercial advertisements. The non commercial attribution generally is okay for what we do with it . However youtube is doing something bizarre and I am sure there is some reason unbenownst to us all. At the bottom of it though is the fact that well half the work is being done by computers and not people.

I doubt they will ever answer my email because it means I am asking them to stop cutting and pasting and give me a logical answer :)
thats really interesting. i wonder if that experiment would work. i would love to see that.

urbanlamb

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
thats really interesting. i wonder if that experiment would work. i would love to see that.
well i might give it a whirl I just have to think of how it would be done because I would have to document it . I would put the video up i guess try to monitize, take it down repackage and try again several times and do it with several videos and see what happens. I am pretty sure they are using some kind of ratio because anyone can monitize now and their mails if they turn you down and you give proof its yours are cut and paste form letters. If you give them all the needed proof you still get the same email and if you ask them to be specific well they send the same cut and paste answer again with links. Their assistance is not very helpful so I am thinking that they have some internal thing whereby if you have 20 videos and 3 monitized for example you can't have a 4th until you hit 30 videos or something. Its just a guess but looking at what they monitized on mine they have at one time or another said its all okay and turned around and refused in an identical situation lol.

Unknownuser983838

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
well i might give it a whirl I just have to think of how it would be done because I would have to document it . I would put the video up i guess try to monitize, take it down repackage and try again several times and do it with several videos and see what happens. I am pretty sure they are using some kind of ratio because anyone can monitize now and their mails if they turn you down and you give proof its yours are cut and paste form letters. If you give them all the needed proof you still get the same email and if you ask them to be specific well they send the same cut and paste answer again with links. Their assistance is not very helpful so I am thinking that they have some internal thing whereby if you have 20 videos and 3 monitized for example you can't have a 4th until you hit 30 videos or something. Its just a guess but looking at what they monitized on mine they have at one time or another said its all okay and turned around and refused in an identical situation lol.
interesting. i wonder if you resubmit the same exact video. not even changing any minor things about it, and see if it gets accepted.