Why did my videos get disabled? Help!

urbanlamb

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
interesting. i wonder if you resubmit the same exact video. not even changing any minor things about it, and see if it gets accepted.
There is a remedy for monitization issues which leads me to believe their decisions to not monitize are random. If you edit the video and make it slightly longer or shorter and change the name and reprocess and upload it there is a very good chance it will get monitized. I just tried this with my most recent video exact same content etc. I have some under review I got one turned down and one monitized. The content was identical. So here is what they are doing they are spot checking and it appears the people doing the checking are just automatically turning down anything that goes under review. (probably because someone told them too lol). The reality is youtube is being overly anal (well maybe not in all cases I guess people who are new try to monitize crazy stuff and game videos etc) however for the most part collecting income on ads displayed over top of these videos is for most cases not seen as commercial use/reuse that is the point. So there is something else up here because i have had adsense for a very very long time (gosh 10 years now) I display ads on websites and forums which are completely non commercial in nature to make money to pay for hosting fees. Youtube realy has no way to know why people are collecting money on websites eg are they non profit? non-profit is pretty much seen as non commercial lol yet people happily display adsense ads on their websites without fear or reservation. Is youtube even liable if your content is not legal. Actually they put a big honkin button for people to hit saying you declare its all legal and kosher to absolve themselves of all liability. They are liable but they are liable to the point where if someone says "hey that's mine here is my dmca notice take it off that channel now" they are covered. As long as they deal with reports quickly they are covered. So I have not figured out why youtube is behaving the way it is lol and when I cant find the logic behind a situation I get nervous because it means they really have no clue lol. :)

Reactions: retrotulip