Why Creating a New Channel Is So Good!

How long have you been uploading to your current channel?

• 0-6 months

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • 7-12 months

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • 1+ years

Votes: 4 50.0%

• Total voters

LifeOfKieran

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I've seen this a lot discussed on social media among smaller YouTube channels so wanted to give my opinion on it, why I have done it, and also to give a little promo to it!

So, when many YouTubers hit a wall with their content they look to create a new channel. While they lose a lot of their audience, it's a fresh start for them. I have done this too. My brand new channel is attached at the bottom of this post, where it usually is on YTTalk! It would be great if you can go over and subscribe! I'll be releasing the first video this month. I promise it won't disappoint!

So, as I was saying, they lose a lot of their audience but it allows them to get a little more creative, go out of their comfort zone and try new things without the criticism of their old viewers, and most commonly - haters.

From me to you. If you're feeling like your content isn't going anywhere, try something fresh. If it means going to the extent of a new channel - then go for it!

I hope this helps!
- Kieran

Divine Authority

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
By creating new channel, do you mean that you abandoned that existing channel and focused on the new channel that you create or focusing on two channels instead? Both options is a terrible ideas especially for a small Youtube channels. It would take up much time if you have two channels unless you work full-time into it. And abandoning your existing channel and focusing a new one especially for a small YouTubers will definitely slow your growth even more as those particular past subscribers won't subscribe to your channel as they think you give up on your current channels easily.

Hope you understand what I am trying to say.

Reactions: Courtney Candice

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
By creating new channel, do you mean that you abandoned that existing channel and focused on the new channel that you create or focusing on two channels instead? Both options is a terrible ideas especially for a small Youtube channels. It would take up much time if you have two channels unless you work full-time into it. And abandoning your existing channel and focusing a new one especially for a small YouTubers will definitely slow your growth even more as those particular past subscribers won't subscribe to your channel as they think you give up on your current channels easily.

Hope you understand what I am trying to say.
Yeah I agree with you, I never understand why people do this. I’ve seen so many people do this on this forum where they will gain subscribers on their channel and then abbanoned it because it’s either not growing as fast as they want or they want to change the content. You can change up your content without having to create a new channel, lots of big YouTubers do it and it helps them more than hurts them. I’ve seen one big YouTuber I won’t mention his name but he created like 7 different channels and he had 1 million subscribers on each channel but now all 7 of his channels are dead because of all those channels and uploading way to many videos a day that he was running out of ideas he started uploading really bad content. Two channels Is fine as long as you can keep up with them both, but it’s better to wait until you grow more on your main channel before creating another one.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I actually agree with the idea of starting a new channel just so long as you approach it smartly. I started a new channel earlier this year because I wanted a fresh start producing different content. Plus, my old channel has been around since 2009 and I'm happy with all the content I've made for it - I feel comfortable leaving it as is. My new channel is also radically different content, so it just doesn't make sense to produce those videos on the old channel, even if it has more of a following.

But where most people stumble is creating new channels just for the hell of it or because they just want more of a following. I'm not as interested in growth as I am with creating content that I enjoy. I didn't make the decision to start a new channel lightly, but I needed a fresh start for the content I'm making now and I can't justify deleting everything on the old channel just because I'm moving on to something new.

But that's just me. I honestly feel that a new channel should only be created if you require an entirely different direction. If you just want to experiment with new ideas, then just try it on your current channel.

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think it´s fine if you want a fresh start (I have thought about it too and I have had my channel for about two years now) But at the end of the day I decided to keep my channel even though I changed the content and direction. Of course you will have to say bye to some subscribers but I still have some who have been with me from the beginning