Why can't I schedule my uploads?

Brighton West

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have a number of channels and noticed that my new ones are missing the schedule feature. But I just turned on monetization and now I can schedule uploads on that channel (but I didn't monetize any videos because I'm not getting many views...)

ThioJoe

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
You have to set the video to private first then that option to schedule can be chosen.
This is correct. You can change it from private to scheduled. You can't from unlisted to scheduled. So if it's unlisted, you need to set it to private, save, then you can set it to scheduled.

Galvin Lee

The Unique Guitarist
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I always hated this bug but the feature does come in handy! Hope your problem is fixed! :)

MarkRodriguez2012

Youtube Reviewer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I don't think monetization has anything to do with it. Will it only let you schedule if you enable monetization? That is indeed strange.
Yeah, the channel is verified, but there is only the option to post it public, private or unlisted. I mean, the only thing I can think of is that she doesn't have the Monetization feature set up. Otherwise I really don't see why she doesn't have the schedule option on there.

ThioJoe

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Yeah, the channel is verified, but there is only the option to post it public, private or unlisted. I mean, the only thing I can think of is that she doesn't have the Monetization feature set up. Otherwise I really don't see why she doesn't have the schedule option on there.
She said it's there, but grayed out. This happens any time I make a video unlisted, and the solution is to save the video as private, then the scheduled option should be selectable. The only exception was if the video was ever public, you can't re-schedule it I don't think, but in that case the schedule option should not appear at all, not even grayed out.

MarkRodriguez2012

Youtube Reviewer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
She said it's there, but grayed out. This happens any time I make a video unlisted, and the solution is to save the video as private, then the scheduled option should be selectable. The only exception was if the video was ever public, you can't re-schedule it I don't think, but in that case the schedule option should not appear at all, not even grayed out.
oh, in her case the schedule option isn't there at all. Grayed or not. It's weird.