Why are some youtubers allowed to get away with copyright music?

stucrompton

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
hey everyone i buy all my music from audiojungle and search for creative commons music as im scared to death of using any music that i think maybe someone else without license.

i have noticed some youtubers do use snippets of copyright music tho, i think joe weller does but how does he not get a strike? is it because hes a well established channel and your more likely to get a strike if your a smaller channel?? what do you think?

konisbored

YTtalk's Anti-Boredom Youtuber
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
hey everyone i buy all my music from audiojungle and search for creative commons music as im scared to death of using any music that i think maybe someone else without license.

i have noticed some youtubers do use snippets of copyright music tho, i think joe weller does but how does he not get a strike? is it because hes a well established channel and your more likely to get a strike if your a smaller channel?? what do you think?
How do you know that he doesn't have a license? :p
It is possible that his videos are claimed by a third-party who allowed the video to stay up in exchange for taking all ad revenue.

stucrompton

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
How do you know that he doesn't have a license? :p
It is possible that his videos are claimed by a third-party who allowed the video to stay up in exchange for taking all ad revenue.
oh right it just the music i sin like all of his videos and he monetizes them all, im not slating him because im wellers number 1 fan i just want to understand copyright more

konisbored

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
oh right it just the music i sin like all of his videos and he monetizes them all, im not slating him because im wellers number 1 fan i just want to understand copyright more
Well, I'm not sure. And when it comes to copyright it's best to play it safe.

stucrompton

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
ye i know thats what im like but its seem some people get away with it, ah well its all a learning curve i guess

konisbored

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
ye i know thats what im like but its seem some people get away with it, ah well its all a learning curve i guess
It "seems". That's the key word.
You don't know if they pay royalties or anything without asking them. Assumption is kinda foolish.

stucrompton

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It "seems". That's the key word.
You don't know if they pay royalties or anything without asking them. Assumption is kinda foolish.
can you explain what paying royalties actually means?

so you approach a record label and ask them for a price to use their music for a few second and they give you a price and you pay it?

konisbored

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
can you explain what paying royalties actually means?

so you approach a record label and ask them for a price to use their music for a few second and they give you a price and you pay it?
Something like it. Some musicians offer music that can be used for a price. (basically those not under Creative Commons or GNU licenses)
Don't quote me on this though, I kinda suck at this sort of stuff.

JoshstarTV

YTtalks Prankster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Just on this topic.. This evening I was looking for the song Mr. Probz - Waves and there were several (mostly with lyrics on screen). These were monetized with advertisements at the start. Some of these videos had 600,000 plus views. Are these youtubers getting $$ from AdSense for this?!

offbeatbryce

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Just on this topic.. This evening I was looking for the song Mr. Probz - Waves and there were several (mostly with lyrics on screen). These were monetized with advertisements at the start. Some of these videos had 600,000 plus views. Are these youtubers getting $$ from AdSense for this?!
Most Likely the original copyright owners have flagged the video and are putting the ads on the videos and they are earning the money. The YouTuber earns nothing.