Why Are Prank Channels Hated So Much?!?!

Should I Convert To A Prank Channel

• Yes

• No

• Do a mixture of videos

Results are only viewable after voting.

Malasia

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I would say once a week like u mentioned or maybe just once in a while. Make sure to include/shoutout in your outro your last video or a video that needs some love, then the people who are watching your prank video will check out your other videos more likely I also would suggest to add cards and the link to the video's you want more love to in your end slate. I personally play my previous video with my end slates and then a link will pop up that you can click on that'll lead you directly to my previous video, making it easier for my other videos to get some love if they liked the one they just watched haha good luck I hope everything works out! :)

JanPlays_

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I dont know...
i personally like prank channels, just not the ones that do pranks that hurt someone...

MarkRodriguez2012

Youtube Reviewer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I kinda hate the ones where they purposely provoke ghetto people just to get beat up. They're either crazy or have balls of steel to be willing to take that many punches to the jaw, cause it's the same guys getting beat up all the time. And they're lucky they don't get stabbed or shot on the spot. And... they're not pranks. Prank is something like throwing a water balloon or maybe putting fake poop on a bench and seeing how people react, but these guys are getting right up in their faces and saying racist stuff or doing thing like trying to snatch someone's hat or phone purposely expecting to get a beat down and hoping their camera guy got in on film so they can do cheasy slow-mo effects when they socked in the face. Those aren't pranks. That's purposely pretending to look for a fight... and then hoping yelling out 'it's a prank!' will somehow save you from the incoming fist to the face.

CMTXRATED

I Is Batman
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer
I watch a lot of videos about growing your youtube channel. Most of them say the fastest growing channels are beauty, gaming, or PRANK channels. They have no problem with people making beauty or gaming channels. They actually might tell you to make one, but when they talk about prank channels it's always in a negative way.

I've been posting videos for almost a year now and I have barely seen any growth. I posted a prank video about three days ago and it instantly did well. The growth that I would see in two months I saw in one day!
Now the video is my most viewed video doing better than videos that have been out for ten months!

So now i'm at a cross roads. Do I continue making good content that will never be seen? Should I give in and convert my channel to a prank channel? Is there any way to make a prank channel without being hated by my peers?

I'm thinking about just continuing to post everyday then upload a prank video once a week. Now if I do that I feel like the only videos that will do well will be the pranks.

So should I convert to a prank channel or stay original?

Any suggestion or help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks for reading!
They are hated because of the success and another reason would be they are faked. + a lot of people pull pranks that are highly inappropriate and shouldn't be on YouTube

hatlesschimp

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I avoid prank channels. I like people that use their brain in a better way like writing scripts, sharing knowledge, inspiring with film techniques.
Prank channels are old news people have moved on.
Plus I feel for the people they prank.

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

Spolt

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Most of them are fake and people look down of them because of people like FouseyTube

JesusGreen

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
It's like reaction channels.

The problem isn't reaction channels as a whole, it's what the majority of them look like. There are some great channels like h3h3productions that I'd classify as a reaction channel, but they take time making thought out videos, which are their own content, and really entertaining. The much larger and uglier flip side of the coin is these reaction channels that just have a guy sitting there watching an entire episode of a show, barely even cracking a smile the whole time.

Prank channels are similar. There are some really great prank channels. Just last night I was binge watching some funny pranks on Infrabren and JStuStudios' channels. The problem isn't with the good channels, but with a lot of the popular ones that are shady. Firstly, fake pranks, a lot of the really popular prank YouTubers hire actors for their pranks, simply because if you're a prank channel, realistically speaking you're going to be able to make more money if you get fake reactions and the like. Secondly, the whole sub-section of pranks that is basically just slightly less NSFW and Youtube-legal p**n. "kissing pranks" and the like where it's basically just a video of the YouTuber making out with paid actresses, which get a ton of popularity despite being obviously fake simply because a lot of horny teens are watching them.

If you can make original and interesting pranks, without faking, using clickbait, or going down the whole weird route that is "kissing pranks", then go for it. I'd love to see some good new quality prank channels on YouTube. The good ones are some of the most entertaining channels I've watched. Just sucks that the amount of rubbish/fake/weird ones tends to outweigh that.

Sibernethy

Questin' for a Jestin'
Reaction score
Website
www.sibernethy.com
Channel Type
Gamer
Prank channels are hated because while some of the pranks may be harmless, others can traumatize people. One guy ended up with a hole through his nose when he faked a robbery on someone and got punched.

Most people generally don't like being pranked and some will retaliate so hard, the prank becomes a nightmare.

Pluto

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So should I convert to a prank channel or stay original?
It depends mate. You talk about how making the prank video got a great reception and grew your channel right? well, what are your priorities? would you rather continue making content you love to make and get little views for it, or would you rather make content just for views?

Imo, its just about where your priorities lie. BTW prank videos are hated because 90% of the creators of them create fake ones, people like real stuff, not staged pranks.