Why Are People Pretending the Rules Don't Apply to Them?

Cephus

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Honestly, I don't get it. I run into a ton of people, especially on Reddit, who want to get around the rules on copyright infringement and post things they have no legal right to post on YouTube for money. And when they get a copyright claim or a strike, they scream bloody murder because other people are doing it, why can't they?

What is wrong with these people?

Roasted poo

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Yeah. Sometimes they actually know they can't do it but still do it anyways. They have no morals.

Reactions: videoeditgr

FirstOrderEntertainment

Lama Dictator
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer, Animator, Other
Honestly, I don't get it. I run into a ton of people, especially on Reddit, who want to get around the rules on copyright infringement and post things they have no legal right to post on YouTube for money. And when they get a copyright claim or a strike, they scream bloody murder because other people are doing it, why can't they?

What is wrong with these people?
Their parents must not have whooped their a**e.

Reactions: UKHypnotist

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
Their parents must not have whooped their a**e.
The parents can no longer "whoop their a**e". They will get arrested and charged with "suspicion of child endangerment", "suspicion of grievous bodily harm" or "suspicion of child abuse"...if they dare.

FirstOrderEntertainment

Lama Dictator
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer, Animator, Other
The parents can no longer "whoop their a**e". They will get arrested and charged with "suspicion of child endangerment", "suspicion of grievous bodily harm" or "suspicion of child abuse"...if they dare.
Ah, my father found a way around that...He would say "If you tell them such a thing I make sure if I go to jail it was worth it."

Roasted poo

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
A cop once told my aunt if you give him/her a whooping do it on their bottom with your hand.

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
Ah, my father found a way around that...He would say "If you tell them such a thing I make sure if I go to jail it was worth it."
May I ask how old you are? I think this stuff went into effect in the 70's or 80's. It sounds like your father was making a covert threat to kill you for reporting; while at the same time forgetting the report might come from another (official) source.

Reactions: Brandon

FirstOrderEntertainment

Lama Dictator
Reaction score
Channel Type
May I ask how old you are? I think this stuff went into effect in the 70's or 80's. It sounds like your father was making a covert threat to kill you for reporting; while at the same time forgetting the report might come from another (official) source.
In the states it didn't really start being enforced until the 2000's. No, you may not have my age as this account is a multi-user account used by the Social Media Department.