Why are my earnings so extremely low ($14.3 for 80k views)?

MPigeon99

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I monetized my videos on Friday and since then I've got 80k views but AdSense shows my total earnings are only $14.3 which is pretty bad for that amount of views imo. My classmate has got like $15 for 20k views if I'm not mistaken.

The stats are like this: page views = 80352, impressions: 12226, clicks: 745, page RPM: $0.18, impression RPM: $1.16

So is it normal that my impressions and page RPM are so low or is there a different issue? Why am I not getting a lot of ads on my videos?

Also if I go to YouTube Analytics under Revenue it says my estimated revenue is $9.38, if I click on Ad rates it says my YouTube ad revenue is $15.63, there were 6604 estimated monetized playbacks (why so few?!) and my CPM is $2.37...like the numbers don't match at all so I'm confused as hell as to what I'm earning. I'd appreciate if someone could shed some light on this confusing issue that I'm facing.

Last edited:

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
i dont know, but it sounds strange

hayaanda

Reaction score
Firstly, You said your friend as 20k View and She/he make $20 and you have 80k view and Your money is low, This depend on the Type of Ads on your Video and also the country your viewers are coming From, if they are from country like USA, CANADA and other euorpian country you will earn more, That mean your friend as click from high country with keyword targeted.

secondly about the adrate:
you said "YouTube Analytics under Revenue it says my estimated revenue is $9.38" This is the total amount you can withdraw/the money you have made on youtube which is withdraw-able

Also you said
if I click on Ad rates it says my YouTube ad revenue is $15.63,
Do you know Youtube verses Creators, You get 60% of your earning and Youtube get 40%. the total amount you make on youtube is $15.63 , 60% goes to you which is $9.38 and 40% to youtube which is $7... that is everything about the adrate

Better you take you mind off Adrate and focus on add Revenue

I hope this help a little

Reactions: Crown

MPigeon99

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Firstly, You said your friend as 20k View and She/he make $20 and you have 80k view and Your money is low, This depend on the Type of Ads on your Video and also the country your viewers are coming From, if they are from country like USA, CANADA and other euorpian country you will earn more, That mean your friend as click from high country with keyword targeted.

secondly about the adrate:
you said "YouTube Analytics under Revenue it says my estimated revenue is $9.38" This is the total amount you can withdraw/the money you have made on youtube which is withdraw-able

Also you said
if I click on Ad rates it says my YouTube ad revenue is $15.63,
Do you know Youtube verses Creators, You get 60% of your earning and Youtube get 40%. the total amount you make on youtube is $15.63 , 60% goes to you which is $9.38 and 40% to youtube which is $7... that is everything about the adrate

Better you take you mind off Adrate and focus on add Revenue

I hope this help a little
Thanks for explaining how the revenue works on YouTube.
However, I'd also like to point out the fact that the majority of viewers are from the USA, United Kingdom, Canada etc. (rich countries) so I'm still not sure why the earnings are so low.

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
@MPigeon99 I think you may have the mistaken idea that views=revenue. That is totally incorrect. Ad revenue is only gained when a viewer interacts with the ads served on your videos. That is what the "monetized view" number represents; the number of times a valid click or other interaction with an ad was received. .

It looks like people simply aren't clicking ads as often as you'd like them to. There are many reasons this can happen. One is viewers who use an ad blocker so no ads are shown. Another might be the viewers are simply not interested in the products being advertised, e.t.c.

MPigeon99

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
@MPigeon99 I think you may have the mistaken idea that views=revenue. That is totally incorrect. Ad revenue is only gained when a viewer interacts with the ads served on your videos. That is what the "monetized view" number represents; the number of times a valid click or other interaction with an ad was received. .

It looks like people simply aren't clicking ads as often as you'd like them to. There are many reasons this can happen. One is viewers who use an ad blocker so no ads are shown. Another might be the viewers are simply not interested in the products being advertised, e.t.c.
I'm not thinking lots of views means high revenue, I understand not that many people actually click ads but I still expected more people would click them, considering I got 80k views.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
like the numbers don't match at all

Why don't they match?

Low CPM (the average amount advertisers are willing to PAY per thousand views) with a small proportion of monetized views will obviously give a low RPM (the amount a creator will EARN per thousand views). It's mathematical.

it says my YouTube ad revenue is $15.63
That's gross revenue BEFORE YouTube take their cut.

it says my estimated revenue is $9.38
That's net revenue AFTER YouTube take their cut.

9.38 / 15.63 x 100 = 60% (which is the creator's cut.)

I suggest you read up on how monetization works before asking any other questions. :) -> https://support.google.com/youtube/topic/12634?hl=en&ref_topic=2676320

Last edited:

Scootakip [Lana]

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
1) The adpocalypse, really makes it difficult to get good ads on your videos
2) Family friendly garbage, if you curse or do something "not family friendly" say goodbye to the majority of your revenue
3) Adblock users don't see ads, and make you no money