Why are my comments not showing up for others?

Denisee

Reaction score
Hey,

So I've started advertising my channel under other people's comments. I know it's bad, but it's the only way to get noticed nowadays..

After a few comments I started noticing they don't show up anymore for other people (I checked with my other account). Does Youtube have some kind of limit, or what gets my comments blocked?

Skeltano

The Best YouTuber
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
But it instantly gets hidden, why's that? :(
If it instantly gets hidden then OP probably set certain "spam words" in his settings so that whenever someone comments anything commenting those words it immediately get's deleted or hidden.

That's why I switched to just getting top comments on videos, which I'm surprisingly good at, and then just throwing in something about my channel at the end, you'll still receive some hate from the kids that are so incredibly upset by this, but it'll get you a lot more positive feedback.

Denisee

Reaction score
If it instantly gets hidden then OP probably set certain "spam words" in his settings so that whenever someone comments anything commenting those words it immediately get's deleted or hidden.

That's why I switched to just getting top comments on videos, which I'm surprisingly good at, and then just throwing in something about my channel at the end, you'll still receive some hate from the kids that are so incredibly upset by this, but it'll get you a lot more positive feedback.
That's exactly what I'm trying to do, but no matter what I write in the comment, it doesn't show up for others..

10ACITY

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
YouTube automatically considers it spam so only the uploader can see it until he/she has approved it. Phrases like "check out my channel" send it straight to the waiting approval section.

When you're promoting yourself on other people's channels, make sure that what you're saying is relevant. Don't spam it because you'll lose respect as well as detract from the quality of conversation. It's not necessarily a bad thing to bring people to your videos because, although you're stealing audience, you're increasing the creator's session time which is good for his/her SEO.

Reactions: xxheathermarie

Skeltano

The Best YouTuber
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
What I do is make a random joke or think of something funny that'll get likes, or use the channel's inside jokes or something, then I put in a few spaces so people have to click "read more" to see my "ad" so I',m not forcing it onto people.
Plus, make sure to word it nicely, not just check out my channel, write a sentence or two about your channel etc.

Denisee

Reaction score
YouTube automatically considers it spam so only the uploader can see it until he/she has approved it. Phrases like "check out my channel" send it straight to the waiting approval section.

When you're promoting yourself on other people's channels, make sure that what you're saying is relevant. Don't spam it because you'll lose respect as well as detract from the quality of conversation. It's not necessarily a bad thing to bring people to your videos because, although you're stealing audience, you're increasing the creator's session time which is good for his/her SEO.
What I do is make a random joke or think of something funny that'll get likes, or use the channel's inside jokes or something, then I put in a few spaces so people have to click "read more" to see my "ad" so I',m not forcing it onto people.
Plus, make sure to word it nicely, not just check out my channel, write a sentence or two about your channel etc.
I'm aware of this but literally everything I comment, even things like ''hi'', ''nice video'' etc, get blocked. Could it be because my channel is new?

Dear Gamer

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm aware of this but literally everything I comment, even things like ''hi'', ''nice video'' etc, get blocked. Could it be because my channel is new?
Hi and Nice video are considered spam as well. Try and write something original and the comment will stay. Your account has probably been flagged as spam so much that whatever you write might just go to spam. It's not worth it, just focus on improving your content.

Hi!MyNameIsJan

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Cartoonist
You are probably under fire from the youtube algorithm for either posting alot of links (to your channel/video for example) or just for spamming similar comments like "check out my channel" "please watch my new video" etc. You said you advertise your channel through comments (which isnt a great idea, try reddit instead) and you are porbably right now something called "shadowbanned". Which means you don´t know/get message if it happens, but right now all your comments need to be approved by the creator, even if they don´t include filtered words.
I had some comments on my channel that had no advertising in it but were still considered spam (aka i, the creator, needs to approve them before they are visible) because these people were shadowbanned.

I don´t know it that just fades away or something. Just start writing non-advertisional comments on smaller channels that will actually bother aproving your comments, so the algorithm will see that your comments get aproved again -> they arent spam.

And then stop stamming. Use reddit, twitter, stumbleupon or other sources of getting you out there, maybe buy some google ads for your channel for 5 bucks, spamming will get you nothing but banning, blocking and dislikes.