Who is ONErpm? Content ID Matching

Tarmack

Rhetorical Porcupine
Reaction score
Jolly you are unbelieveably wrong about copyright law. First, the trailer is not Creative Commons. Creative Commons is a license to use assigned to a piece of content by the owner of that content. The owners of the content DID NOT provide that trailer under Creative Commons. Second, what you really mean is fair use however you're not anywhere in the realm of fair use. Fair use is NOT, taking a copyrighted video and putting copyrighted audio over top of it, calling it a remix and then bitching that you got slapped for it. There is nothing under the provisions of fair use that enables video/audio mashups and trying to call it a parody is just simply misunderstanding what a parody is.

Frankly, you don't have the rights to use either the video or the audio. The fact that it starts at the ESRB portion is irrelevant because you've been matched against an exact video source that isn't yours. It's not claiming the ESRB as it's own, that's just where the exact match to known content starts.

I would suggest some actual research into copyright law, specifically fair use and Creative Commons licenses. All you're doing it parroting what you heard someone else say as if you'd read about either of those two things there is no way you would think what you're doing is ok.[DOUBLEPOST=1402582191,1402576123][/DOUBLEPOST]I should add that it's unlikely that oneRPM actually owns the rights to the trailer. Especially not the right to claim other peoples content, much the same way I have a ContentID Match against a Heroes of the Storm video because some random music channel used Warcraft soundtrack material in their own remixes. More likely one of the channels they manage and monetize uploaded content which was rolled up into ContentID. That said, two wrongs don't make a legal right.

Reactions: Shane

JollyDangerous

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Ranter, Comedian
@Saz Yes thank you! That is exactly what I was trying to say. You hit it right on the nail. Sorry for the late response. I made the video private and a couple days later the claim was removed. I don't think that's what did it but at least it worked out.
:D

Saz

Reaction score
@Saz Yes thank you! That is exactly what I was trying to say. You hit it right on the nail. Sorry for the late response. I made the video private and a couple days later the claim was removed. I don't think that's what did it but at least it worked out.
:D
Ah that is good. I'm glad I wasn't miss reading it. Very strange thing to claim on but at least it is resolved now.

Reactions: JollyDangerous