Who is ONErpm? Content ID Matching

JollyDangerous

I Love YTtalk
I recently made a remix of the Mortal Kombat X trailer and I replaced the music with something else. It was monetized for the first 2 days then I got a visual claim on the trailer by ONErpm.
The claim starts at the ESRB RATING! WTF! I disputed this claim and said that Netherrealm Studios owned the visuals and that this is a parody of the trailer which gives me the right to monetize under the creative commons law. They immediately reinstated it 2 hours later.

Onerpm claim.png What am I supposed to do just back down and let them have it or delete the video? This is real bullying.

First of all, The official video is not Creative Commons.

Second, I'd say they do own the music... Games don't tend to fully license the songs in them, usually just to the stage were the're allowed to put them in, I'd say trailers are he same.

First of all, The official video is not Creative Commons.

Second, I'd say they do own the music... Games don't tend to fully license the songs in them, usually just to the stage were the're allowed to put them in, I'd say trailers are he same.
Its not official its a remix I stated that in the title and in the thumbnail. It becomes creative commons when you take it and manipulate it to be a parody or for educational purposes. They don't even own the music in it because I removed that track and replaced it with another song from a Tv show. Also the claim starts at the ESRB rating do they have a right to own that too?

replaced it with another song from a Tv show
and did you have the rights to use that one?...

and what you are saying about the visuals is Fair use not CC and it's very disputable that it in any way falls under fair use anyway.. But the claim isn't for visuals so that doesn't matter.

and did you have the rights to use that one?...
you don't need rights to use something as creative commons rights just protect you if something like this happens. Majority of lets players and youtube gamers don't have rights to the game they play but neither do these networks that issue these ID claims. They are just trying to steal money.

you don't need rights to use something as creative commons rights just protect you if something like this happens. Majority of lets players and youtube gamers don't have rights to the game they play but neither do these networks that issue these ID claims. They are just trying to steal money.
But is the song licensed under Creative commons? It is very unlikely to be..

But is the song licensed under Creative commons? It is very unlikely to be..
the song is from a tv show that was on bet called the boondocks. I don't think you have a clear understanding what the post is about. Its not about a ID claim on the sound just the visuals so the song has nothing to do with it.[DOUBLEPOST=1402449409,1402449389][/DOUBLEPOST]
Moved this to Copyright, Claims, Strikes and Legal discussion. :D
thanks

the song is from a tv show that was on bet called the boondocks. I don't think you have a clear understanding what the post is about. Its not about a ID claim on the sound just the visuals so the song has nothing to do with it
But you don't have a license for the visuals and one thing it's certainly not is Creative Commons.
I really think you are mixing up what CC is, possibly with fair use though I wouldn't really say your video is fair use either..

So I'm not really sure of the issue here, you can only dispute it if you have the rights to do so, they re-instated it (goes through a manual review) so they obviously think they do.

But you don't have a license for the visuals and one thing it's certainly not is Creative Commons.
I really think you are mixing up what CC is, possibly with fair use though I wouldn't really say your video is fair use either..

So I'm not really sure of the issue here, you can only dispute it if you have the rights to do so, they re-instated it (goes through a manual review) so they obviously think they do.

I'm not sure but I think the issue is that they are claiming the ESRB is their copyright. When all the ESRB is a warning that the video may not be suitable for a certain age group or demographic. As that is the clip they highlighted as being theirs not the stuff in the parody when it actually begins. At least I think that is what the OP is saying forgive me if I am wrong it is only a guess.

That being said @JollyDangerous I think it might be a good idea, in order to test if this is the case to re upload it with a different ESRB. One that the visual background you made yourself or something. And failing that just delete both them all together if it becomes too much of a problem. If for no other reason than to prevent your channel getting a strike over this or something. But it is up to you at the end of the day.

Edit: I also just looked into who they are and from what I can tell ONErmp to quote their official website are a "Worldwide music distribution to iTunes and beyond for a one-time flat fee." type of thing. Which makes it all the more odd if I am correct in my guess.

Last edited:
Back